Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LFI live Player updated for sound card DACs

This looks like a really cool piece of software! I haven't tried it with the USB DAC yet but just playing around with the abstract generator is fun...and i like the "beam wiev"-function!

ok im digging it what it CAN do.. but im still unable to get past the interface problems, as in the manual file editing etc..

i guess its nice for some things but ill stick to other stuff i like better...

sorry, i really tried to like it, its just unfinished..

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

sorry, i really tried to like it, its just unfinished..[/QUOTE]

Sad to hear that you feel that way, if enough of us sat down and banged out the text files, or wrote a show script editor add on etc, this would be better then many commercial programs out there, and good live control isnt cheap, you have to work at it. I intend to hang around and bang out the ASCII files for distribution as I have time. I've already posted the first 12 beam effects, and I intend to head for 3 pages of 48, all good and all PD, so you could go do a rave or a home party with it. I have to be careful, as I nearly released a Pango animation I use for system testing into the 12 I uploaded last night, so Its gonna take a while.

Knowing a bit of the history of this program, and whom its author worked for, means that there is not much artwork or files the author can provide, it is therefore up to us to generate the content. So we users have to make the clipart, no big deal. You'd be surprised where this software has been used commercially.

If we build up a user base, the bugs will get fixed. If not, a great chance to improve the quality of low end shows will be missed.

It already has surpassed or equaled the full show mode funtionality of FULLAUTO/x29 or the older QM32 version of LIVE!, plus the abstract engine bonus.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 10-22-2008 at 07:22.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    ok im digging it what it CAN do.. but im still unable to get past the interface problems, as in the manual file editing etc..

i guess its nice for some things but ill stick to other stuff i like better...

I'm familiar with what's out there, and I know for a fact that LFI Player can do as much or more than some of the commercially available software. Bear in mind that finished versus unfinished is completely subjective. I'm a programmer (embedded, not desktop BTW), so writing scripts doesn't bother me...and I wrote the software to do what *I* want it to do. If you want a pretty GUI and drag-and-drop with minimal effort, then LFI Player isn't the tool for you. It's all about expectations. Realize that if my intent was to create the next Pangolin, I certainly wouldn't be giving it away for free.

If you like it, great. If you don't, write (or buy) something better. Really makes me no difference to me. At any rate, thanks for giving it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Sad to hear that you feel that way, if enough of us sat down and banged out the text files, or wrote a show script editor add on etc, this would be better then many commercial programs out there, and good live control isnt cheap, you have to work at it. I intend to hang around and bang out the ASCII files for distribution as I have time. I've already posted the first 12 beam effects, and I intend to head for 3 pages of 48, all good and all PD, so you could go do a rave or a home party with it. I have to be careful, as I nearly released a Pango animation I use for system testing into the 12 I uploaded last night, so Its gonna take a while.

Knowing a bit of the history of this program, and whom its author worked for, means that there is not much artwork or files the author can provide, it is therefore up to us to generate the content. So we users have to make the clipart, no big deal. You'd be surprised where this software has been used commercially.

If we build up a user base, the bugs will get fixed. If not, a great chance to improve the quality of low end shows will be missed.

It already has surpassed or equaled the full show mode funtionality of FULLAUTO/x29 or the older QM32 version of LIVE!, plus the abstract engine bonus. Both were bestsellers a few years ago.

Steve[/QUOTE]

I will definetly look into the scripts that have been written. Im not tossing it aside, im just (sa said above) a "drag and drop pretyy gui" kind of guy...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    .... or wrote a show script editor add ....
    Some years ago I wrote a little script editor which highlights the keywords and gives help to every command... I will digg it out later and upload it...

TL, would you tell our collegues on Laserfreak that it is upgraded?

Steve

Where are the script files you guys have made?? ilda swap??

I have compiled a version with easylase support. If you have a easylase DAC and want to test, PM me!