Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: LFI live Player updated for sound card DACs

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Mike, more frames. see attached. more coming
    I agree with keeperx...really nice frames Steve!!!

I've plugged your frames into basic LFI Player scripts, and added these to the live "DemoFiles" package on the ILDA swap FTP site. A couple of quick notes...

* Page 1 is the original demos (mostly the scrolling text), Pages 2-4 are your beam files, and pages 7&8 are LFI abstracts.
    * On pages 2-4, the last row (i.e. cues 37-48) are various rotation "effects". Thse effects will add some additional "motion" to the beam animations. To use, click on the beam cue you want (cues 2-36), and then apply the effects by clicking on cues 37-48
    * On Pages 3-4, the script setting for "Frame Repeat" (which determines how fast or slow the animation plays) is set to "-1". What this means is that the "local" setting is disabled, and instead, LFI Player applies the "Global" Frame Repeat setting on the Live Control Panel Slider. On the slider, there is also a "-1" value, which will "hold" the current frame in the animation (static) almost indefinitely. The global setting makes it easier to sync the speed of the live beam effects to the music.
    * Page 8 of the abstracts is meant to show some of the power of LFI Player. If you actually want to scan some of these, you'll need a decent computer and fast scanners. However, be sure to apply the "spin-the-bottle" feature I mentioned in an earlier post to some of the Page 8 cues to see some fairly cool real-time 3D manipulation.

So has there been a resurgence in development of for this software, or is it just being used more now?

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Dr Lava is working on the card drivers, so there will be some small incremental improvements. There is for some reason, a crash after long runs on Lava's system when we ran it last night, but that may be a driver issue on a incredably loaded windows system with lots of other tasks running.

as for the frames, ILDA ETHICS APPLIES AND I cannot take credit. You'll note a earlier post where I said they were freeware by someone else,.

No member will knowingly take or receive credit for work done by another member or, through inaction, knowingly allow an incorrect credit to persist.

Those are freeware from a guy in Belgium who posted them here a year of so ago.

Steve

Ahhh, well hey guy from belgium, I LOVE YOUR FRAMES, GOT ANY MORE?...

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    Ahhh, well hey guy from belgium, I LOVE YOUR FRAMES, GOT ANY MORE?...
    I cant find his current website, and the hard drive with my old bookmarks is dead.

Steve