Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LFI live Player updated for sound card DACs

Default LFI live Player updated for sound card DACs

There has been some interest in this area, and the author has released the latest version, 1.1.5 of the LFI player with EzAudDac support. (Also, easylase USB support is right around the corner, I'll add it soon, along with updated RIYA support.)

LFI player is a scriptable live show controller that acts as a kind of 'laser show synthesizer' for live shows. As the music plays, even live freestyle music which can't be pre-timed, you can press control buttons in the live control panel to activate laser animations and moving beam sets to go with the mood of the music. LFI player can import ilda formats 0-2 files, or have laser data generated via the abstract control panel or via a script.
    LFI player is open source, so can be extended by 3rd parties as long as the source for the extensions is contributed back to the LFI player author.

One note: when loading the CLV show sets, the base path needs to be set properly in the preferences/live control tab (Default: C:\laser\). See page 17 of the manual for details.

Screen Shot 1
    Screen Shot 2

Home page:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/lfiplayer3d/

Contact the author or me if you want an additional demo show file.

thanks for the info just to clarify i did it right all i need to download is the
    LFI_Player_V1_1_5_EzAudDac
    and then extract it all and open the exe?

all the other things dont concern me? besides maybe the manual and the demo files?
    -Josh

yep, the manual and the demo files are the only other things I'd get.
    the 'LFI_Player_V1_1_5.zip' is the source.. it's a ms visual C++ 6.0 project which is an extremely common and easy to use dev package.

awesome thank you!
    -Josh

Lava, are you in contact with the LFI developer?? if so could ya help him make it a little more intuitive?? its very ugly cumbersome software right now..

LFI player is this Michael S. version?

keeperx, if there is something in particular about its use and the answer isn't in the manual, I can try to answer. But just because it is free doesn't mean it's not worth a few minutes of your time to figure out how to use it.

Lasernerd.. yep Michael S is the author.

um.. hello.. i a big supporter of free software... i was just saying that it would be nicer if the interface were a little friendlier.. i have played with it and found it a bit awkward and cumbersome to work in.

the MAIN thing is that (and your gonna think im being picky) it needs a skin with larger buttons and easer to click sliders..

Im not saying its bad software, im just saying its a bit difficult to work in

i agree it is a little tricky. im still trying to figure out how it all works.
    -Josh

For what it's worth (probably not much), I'm the author. As drlava pointed out, the software is free and open source. If you want to add/modify/chop/hack/slice/dice/spice the code, knock yourself out. I wrote it years ago to do what I needed it to do, and generally the only work I do now on the code is to fix or add things that suit me. The EzAudDac functionality was added at the request of an old friend. All that having been said, if you *do* decide to take the time to get past the cosmetics, I think you'll find it can be quite a powerful tool.