Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lasever 473nm Bad ??

Unhappy Lasever 473nm Bad ??

I just got my 2 new lasers from LASEVER, Now my blue 473nm looks like butt, all my lasers are from LASEVER and all have the same specs.... My green and red are GREAT & have a Nice dot... but not with my blue...
    Did I get a bad egg from the bunch??

My 1st pic is taken with flash on, 2nd with out flash , 3rd inside of the blue. it looks like the inside lens is not center, is this the problem

I know its hard to see here, but its not center, it is on 3/4 of the way center.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

</H2>
    </H2>
    Last edited by LaserGuy216; 10-20-2008 at 12:09.
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

The position of this lens being off centre will not affect the focus which is what the problem is. Does the part you have removed have a lens on it? If so this is what needs adjusting to bring the beam into focus. The lens that is off centre is that way to correct the output beam position rather than its spot size and hence divergence.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Does the part you have removed have a lens on it? If so this is what needs adjusting to bring the beam into focus. The lens that is off centre is that way to correct the output beam position rather than its spot size and hence divergence.

Rob
    why yes it does, I thought I should try there first but didnt want to void any warranty with LASEVER........

Hummmmm should I or shouldnt I, that is the question

Looks to me like you already voided it!

I agree with Gary
    Turning the lens - maybe having to break a cement seal is less likely to void the warranty than removing the end you have!
    Now its off you need to break any seal thats on it carefully and screw the lens one way - see if the spot ogoes bigger or samller.
    If it goes bigger screw the other way!
    Best thing to do is get the beams to terminate as far away as practically possible and adjust the blue to match the red at this disatnce. That way you will have much better matched beams assuming you are happy with the red.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I wouldnt break any seals, The inside lens is glued on and I wouldnt dream of messing with this, Now the collimater collet has the ability to be screwed in and out, the blob(in the pic) is with this screewed in all the way, and as it is Unscreewed it gets bigger.. Now the collimated collet has an inside lens that can be screwed in and out, THATS the lens I would adjust......I only had thought this was set at LASEVER, and would not need to be done by the end user...

It may have shifted during flight.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    It may have shifted during flight.
    By golly I think he's got it!

I just didn't want to mess with any lens, it didn't seem like it was something I would need to do, But Now I know

Thanks 4 u r Help Guys

Can you move the center barrell ... is it lose

the design is similar to the lambda pro barrel and on those the end of the barrel is cemented to a TEC and then cemented to the aluminium block
    i know this as the cement failed on one of mine and the TEC seperated from the pumpdiode ( pop )

like this

check to see if its possible to move the barrel

all the best .... Karl

Talking

Solid as a Rock! no movement at all.... I'm glad my laser isn't broken..... ....

Sorry To see that yours died