Thread: Blanking issues

Default Blanking issues

Hey everyone. Thanks to quite a bit of help from many of you on here, my ILDA pattern is getting way better. The only thing now that is plaguing me greatly is the blanking. Are there any ideas on how to stop this from happening?:

I am still working on my tuning, but the blanking is terrible. Please please help! TTL modulated greenie from Axziz on eBay and a modded sound card. Offset on the correction amp is 0 +/- .01vdc. Gain on the correction amp is up full. I am getting 4.98vdc at full on and 0vdc at full off. Using Spaghetti with blanking optomization turned off for test pattern. Also using LaserBoy with optomization off and I get the same image so I know it is not a software problem. Thanks!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I have not seen any of your posts for a picture reference, but I am fairly certain what you are experiencing is jellybeaning. Are you losing a little at the beggining or end of some lines? I am not sure how much you can fix this without getting a new driver for the laser.

O, I do see a white box with red X. I am on my work laptop, must not like the hosting site.

What laser do you have? My first greeny was from Axixz and it had a jellybeaning problem.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Yes, losing a bit at the end, lines extending. The laser is a 120mW greeny from Axixz, although it is doing better than 230mW. In another post, Steve also mentioned jellybeaning. That is waht is most likely going on. Is there a way to adjust this or is it a problem with the TTL modulation? Maybe a couple of pots on the PSU for the laser?

To be totally honest I would spend a few buck on dr lava's flex... whatever driver. It might help the jellybeaning and it will give you analog modulation. I do not think there is anything you can do with the driver you have.

Cool. Thanks! I'll have to check that out. Here is the pic from another location... see if this works:

Actually, I am not sure that is jellybeaning so much now that I see it. Looks like an offset issue; it is actually blanking at the wrong time. That is why your circle looks like that. It is drawing the blanked spot just before or after the circle is drawn. That would be a software issue or solution. How does it look with blanking optimisation on in Spaghetti?

it looks way better, but then the image is not right. Let me also try changing the offset in LaserBoy (I use that primarily).

Adjusting the offset fixed it. Thank you so much! I tried once before, but I think I was adjusting in the worng area. You da man!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Adjusting the offset fixed it. Thank you so much! I tried once before, but I think I was adjusting in the worng area. You da man!
    My bad, i shoulda thought of that, maxima mea culpa.Steve

It's all good Steve! Hey, I think I found the board you were talking about. I'll PM you a pic of it.