Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the beginning of something wonderfully blue

Default the beginning of something wonderfully blue

Came in today.......can handle 20 watts of 808. Earlier efforts proved promising.......with a much smaller set. And NO these are not off fleabay. Direct from manu to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PANA0046.JPG  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

You've had that at least 27 minutes. Havnt you got it working yet?

I am still drooling over the first one .....Blue..........so pretty
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I think I told you but I have a blue thin disk laser in the works using four 30 watt fiber supplied pump lasers.

Curious about a smaller cheaper portable kit.

I have many many melles griot 20watt and sdl 3-5 watt pump diodes
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

Big diodes are nice but present another stiff problem when it comes to modulation. Much better design in the driver arena here is a must. I will tend to stick with the smaller stuff.....5 and 8 watters ...diodes that is.

DIBS, SHOTGUN, PUNCH BUGGY BLUE, NO FRONTSIES

sorry.. just making it clear that im next in line if you do get this working...

very interesting!!!
    Guess it's quite a difficult task to get a blue dpss laser out of that kit but definitely possible! I would also be interested in knowing the results so I might consider to go that way...remember that we like pictures :-) so please, keep us informed about the building process! I'm sure you'll do great work and I'm very curious...

All the best!
    Giovanni

Jonny was a chemists son,
    but now he is no more,
    for what he thought was H2O,
    was H2So4..

LOL,, is it done yet??
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

All my lab lasers have modulation control from a front panel bnc connector seems z big boys use water cooled q switches to work with but yes I think for any scanner usage a few 100's of mw's to a watt or two is going to be plenty to work with and plenty dangerous if misused.

My latest obtained 4 channel 0-40amp laser drivers are by newport and feature rs232 control.

I really like the compact vicor flatpak 3.3vdc 40amp units they make nice laser drivers as do the bigger 120 amp units.

Still have a heavy as shit old Lamda 0-7.5VDC digital readout rack mount 100 amp supply that has served me well for benching stuff I would like a wavelength 6500 to work with small stuff.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.