Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have a spare FB3USB w/ DMX board to sell

Quote Originally Posted by LaserGuy216 View Post
    everyone likes this FB3,,, ummm good...is livePro an add on or is it free with the FB3?? I see its on the download page for updates on the FB3 SE,,, So I guess its free??

Not everyone like it... (i want to like it...the hardwarepart i like... the free LA STUDIO software i don't like.. maybe the more diehard laserist who a\re used to "underground" software like the LA software.)
    It's to hard to exspres my creative needs with the package. (steep learning curve)

The live pro is not free.... the supplyed LIVEQUICK program is free.
    It's like a cut down livePRP version.

There is a LIVEPRO USB version for the FB3 (cheaper than the qm2k version)
    It's stipped of the DMXout capabilities (but the FB3 doesn't support dmx out so its useless)

LivePRO USB, though NOT free, is a VERY cool addon for the FB3! (The download won't work without the hardware-specific license file).

As Anthony mentioned, it doesn't support DMX output (which the FB3 doesn't support), but beyond that, it does virtually everything the "standard" version does that is listed on the Pangolin webpage (and it's cheaper than the standard version!). If you're interested in LivePRO USB, contact Bill on the Pangolin webpage...

There's definitely a learning curve to the free LAStudio software for the FB3 (as with any software package), but remember that in addition to the show-control software, you're getting some very powerful 3D and abstract generator applications for free!

AND...

as hinted on other threads, there are going to be some FB3-compatible changes coming from Pangolin BEYOND the horizon......
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Thanks for the quick reply, I do plan on doing more "Live" shows and not so many premade shows... should I Invest in this app then? or will livequick do it all for me?
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

LivePRO is highly recommended for live performances. I just bought a license for my FB3 and I'm very happy with it.

Basically the software that comes with the FB3 has no music syncing capability for live performance. For that reason alone it's worth getting LivePRO, but you do get a little bit more than that.

I think you'll find that just about anyone who has purchased either version of LivePRO has been EXTREMELY happy with it! It is a VERY capable program, and to REALLY learn it, you'll need to plan on spending some time with it.

The live performance options are phenomenal: You can pre-load over 1,000 cues and effects; MIDI sync to external software or controllers; joystick control; multiple track control; real-time scrolling text effects; sync to audio, including LIVE input, from any source that could be played through Winamp (free plugin, by the way!); multiple beam chasers; multiple laser head control (multiple FB3's), etc., etc. - and yes, that is all part of the LivePRO USB for the FB3!

Go for it, dude!!

And if you want to get really crazy with it - several of us on this forum have already started acquiring touch-screen monitors that should work GREAT with it. Francesco, the Dutch intern that worked with Pangolin this past year and attended the last SELEM, used a touchscreen laptop with LivePRO to control 3 separate projectors at once during his live performance! Awesome!!

You know, if you hang out here long enough, it's REALLY easy to find encouragement to spend more money on this hobby, as if any of us needed any help...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    You know, if you hang out here long enough, it's REALLY easy to find encouragement to spend more money on this hobby, as if any of us needed any help...
    QFT!!!

this couldnt be more true
    -Josh

my $3500+ so far said it all, and Im not even close to being done....Im working on having 2 RGB projectors with Livepro&Touchscreen.....

Right now I only have the 1 RGB setup.......But I also VJ and have 2 DLP HD 3000Lumen Projectors, MX-1 Video mixer, Color monitors, Tons of video to mix and butt loads of visual apps......

Me thinks I'll have to get this LivePro app.....
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

Cool

Pity you couldn't make it to SELEM this year... We had a nice demo/tutorial of LivePro thanks to Francesco (Uncle Worm here on PL). But yeah, if you do live gigs and you want to control your lasers in real-time to someone else's beat (or even your own), then LivePro! is the cat's meow...

Adam