Thread: Not your everyday showlaser platform soon to be refitted tricolor eye laser resonator

Cool Not your everyday showlaser platform soon to be refitted tricolor eye laser resonator

Several Months Ago, I had the mixed blessings of not receiving what I paid for, a Lumenis Varia Medical Laser Tricoagulator Resonator Cavity
    Had it arrived with its inner cavity components not stripped it would be to DIE for.

Well I managed to get my nearly $2000 back and was pissing up a storm as if it had been complete and working it was worth like, ah oh about $56,000.

So now I have this rather beautiful 1.5inch deep aluminum cavity that has positions for 3 1cm bar laser diodes.

It still has all its external components the three diode drivers and ktp/lbo/etc heating and diode TEC controllers. I will probably toss these aside.
    There is a very large heat sink external to the cavity which has 12 40mm peltiers sandwished between it and the outside of the aluminum cavity reverse of the 3 1 cm bar diodes.

Anyway I was lucky enough to get my hands on at least one original cavity component a copper KTP mount block and its 10mm peltier heater and 10K thermistor.

The 3 diodes are standard ? 20-40 Watt bar laser diodes. Each has a position front center to hold mini yag rod, off to each diodes side there is a 1064nm end mirror.

This is where things get different for each of the original 3 colors Red Green Yellow. I am currently guessing at the second two designs.

The green uses apparently a 20 watt diode the miniyag a rebound mirror in a v shape that both seems to output 532nm and pass 1064nm to the intracavity 4x4x7mm ktp. SEE MY SIGNATURE PHOTO FOR INTERCAVITY VIEW!

Anyway this will be a long work in progress I about to weasel my way into the lair of Lumenis
    Salt Lake to try to get some of the old optics/ crystal mounts off some good ole boy or another.

Wish me luck this thing might have hopes of new life as 500mw to several watt per color projector.

Shame the seller wrangled all the internal goodies or never had them to
    start with.Frigging XX$$ole, could still shoot em'.
    Last edited by frank_1257; 11-11-2008 at 13:45.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

varia is described on line in a coherent patent

patent search engine @ uspto.gov
    advanced

search

an/coherent

ie assignee name coherent.

varia red is the 1312 nm transition of yag doubled.

varia yellow is opo mixing of two yag lines

Steve

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Y SIGNATURE PHOTO FOR INTERCAVITY VIEW!

Anyway this will be a long work in progress I about to weasel my way into the lair of Lumenis
    Salt Lake to try to get some of the old optics/ crystal mounts off some good ole boy or another.

Salt Lake city is HGM Argon, which lumenis bought, not solid state, SS got manufactured in Auburn like everything else.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Y SIGNATURE PHOTO FOR INTERCAVITY VIEW!

Salt Lake city is HGM Argon, which lumenis bought, not solid state, SS got manufactured in Auburn like everything else.

Steve
    Steve do you have any idea why all this lumenis/synoptics surplus is coming out of holladay and salt lake city?

Still looking for the coherent patent or patents you are referring to via uspto.gov
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.