Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ilda scene

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    I would reply.... but my computer just exploded into flames. I barely made it away alive!

James.

Run, Run faster.... Hurry,,,,,, Quick get the hell away... Ahhh who knew
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

format 1 == Vector data
    format 2 == color data
    format 1 + format 2 == basic ilda file
    but format is actually not implemented correctly(thats another store that James will tell you)

Format 3 == a new way to do color (for more colors) that would be included with the file if needed (for more colors)

format 4 and 5 == an complete departure from all other formats (new way to store the data) where vector info and color info are stored together

Thats my BASIC understanding, excuse me as i retreat to my concrete bunker.

Oh, sure -

Just light the fuse and run to your bunker!

Son of a b......Way to go................................................ .................
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-23-2008 at 12:17.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

and the war begins.............. damn money issues with everyone... MINE MINE MINE,,,, Share, Share, Share the wealth of informaton.... work with eachother and not against.. you know this way its better for ALL of us and not a few.

just some of my two cents worth.. I'll shut up now
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

What "money issues" ?

I see lots of grins and smiley faces -

So far, at least, I think ALL the posters are just having a little fun with this!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

i was the only one that got flamed here.. james sent me a pm with the following corrections

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    format 1 == Vector data
    format 2 == color data
    format 1 + format 2 == basic ilda file
    but format is 2 actually not implemented correctly(thats another story that James will tell you)

Format 3 == a new way to do color (for more colors) that would be included with the file if needed (for more colors)

format 4 and 5 == an complete departure from all other formats (new way to store the data) where vector info and color info are stored together

Thats my BASIC understanding, excuse me as i retreat to my concrete bunker.
    i cant type obviously

I think that you will see a departure (if only a slight one) from the previous types of "format war" style threads.

I will however add that format 4 and 5 do not offer as much flexability when it comes to what you can do with the art you share because since the color and vector info is stored together, its a little harder to change the pallet without loosing the original color information...

to put it SIMPLY, in format 2 (and 3) it is easy to work with the PICTURE and the COLOR(a.k.a.pallet) seperately where as is format 4 and 5, you have to work with the pallet that is coded into the art making it less flexible.

back to the bunker JUST IN CASE
    Last edited by keeperx; 10-23-2008 at 16:56.

i was the only one that got flamed here.. james sent me a pm with the following corrections
    That's what you get for running away and cowering in your bunker...
    RR

Sweet.....

Stuka.. i think i like you.. you seem to be an active member and a regular nice guy... PM me your number, i would love to introduce myself (this was posted with complete sincerity)

Active member...yep

Regular nice go - not really; just one of those rare days that nobody had really pissed me off since early this morning

Since you're in Maryland and not TOO far away, you should try to attend next year's SELEM In North Carolina. You'll meet quite a few nice folks there!

PM anytime - several of us have used that "offline" to compare backgrounds and figure out how we all got drawn to this crazy hobby!

Woops - thread diversion - my bad!

Werner -

I usually use "Anarchy" to preview my ILD files, but the file you posted wouldn't open ("File open error").
    It would open in LD2000. Any ideas?
    (Honest question - I'm not up on - nor, in all honesty, do I really care that much about the different ILD file format variations. I just want to know what works with what!!)
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-23-2008 at 18:29.
    RR

Sweet.....

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

... PM me your number, i would love to introduce myself ......
    Has this forum morphed into Laser Dating Direct?
    I fear there aren't enough lovely ladies to satisfy all us butch manly men for the forum to go in that direction.
    But whatever floats your boat, Randy ..........