Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: frame optimization through ballistic precomputation

I don't care what other people do but I decided I would rather have my questions and convesation about Spaghetti on my own web space so that the info is easily found by others and in one place instead of scattered about. So, I try to direct people there. I also do it as a courtesy to those who don't care about Spaghetti on here so that they don't have to read about it.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    I decided I would rather have my questions and convesation about Spaghetti on my own web space so that the info is easily found by others and in one place instead of scattered about.
    Hi Gary;

That's a good point. It does make it easier to track revisions, look for solutions, and in general get help from the community when everything is in one place. It also makes it easier for the person maintaining the site, because usually you only have to answer a question once.

However, it's hard to direct traffic from PL to the google groups unless you monitor PL religiously. And that cuts into the time advantage a bit, no?
    I also do it as a courtesy to those who don't care about Spaghetti on here so that they don't have to read about it.
    Well, some people may not be following your project on a daily basis via google groups, but might still appreciate an update every now and then. And I think you'll get a better draw (that is, more new users) by posting about your project here. I don't think your posts about Spaghetti are cluttering up anything here.

Realistically, I think a balance between the two is probably the ideal case. Frequent updates on Google Groups, and periodic updates/announcements here on PL. As for support questions, it's your call as to where you want to answer them, but I don't think anyone will begrude you posting your answers in both places.

Just my $.02

Adam

I certainly won't totally ignore questions or refuse to talk about Spaghetti on here if it comes up.