Thread: How many shows have you got?

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Question How many shows have you got?

I was sorting my shows out (cus I'm anal like that) into categories, Beams, Graphics and Demo's and counted 103 (not counting the demo's).
    Pretty good thinks I till I checked and noticed that Bill mentioned some user that had over 350 and he reckons 500 is an easily achievable figure.

Damn!!

Not being a techy kinda bloke like all you other geeks, I'm here mainly to make pretty pics with my projectors (aka shows).
    I've always considered this forum a kind of mechanics forum where people discuss the latest engines, transmissions, suspensions etc. whereas I just like to drive.

Anyhoo.... How many shows (ILDA QM2000 compatible only) do other folks possess?

I realise that I may suffer from even greater feelings of inadequacy once people start boasting about their large packages () but I need to know.
    Is my package of average size or are you guys packing a lot more meat?

Richard
    I suppose you are refering to shows you (or the individual) have/has created?

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Smile

Nope.
    Just shows in general.
    Although I have had the LD2000 system for a number of months now, I haven't yet created my own show.
    I did try one evening and manged to create 8 seconds of show after a few hours so I think I am going about it the wrong way.
    I was approaching it from an animation point of view and creating each frame individually whereas the secret seems to be to use effects.

My query is about how many complete shows peeps have collected/bought/traded.

When I frst started out I was convinced that Beam shows were "it" but my opinion has changed now as all Beam shows, with the odd exception, are pretty generic.
    You could mix and match 'em to various tracks and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Graphic shows on the other hand are a different beast and are pretty specific to individual tracks and hence require more work and are therefore more interesting (to me).

I have 30 or 40 I guess.