Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALC68 and a diffraction grating + scanned Whitelight - pic's

Default ALC68 and a diffraction grating + scanned Whitelight - pic's

I was messing with my ALC68 last night and thought I would share a few pic's with ya awl

I had the exposure a little high on the camera for the two 6x Argon lines shots else I think the colours would have shown up lovely.

The DG pic's where all done using a small mirror in between the Argon laser output then directing the beam at 80 degrees out and through the DG.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2353.JPG  

IMG_2354.JPG  

IMG_2355.JPG  

IMG_2356.JPG  

IMG_2357.JPG  

IMG_2253.JPG  

IMG_2256.JPG  

IMG_2258.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I'm curious...

In the second to the last pic, it looks like there are a few beams coming out of the Argon. Is this a reflection off the input window of the PCAOM?

I also see that you hit the top scanner mirror first and then the bottom. I don't think I've ever seen it that way before.

Nice pics!

James.

Yes James, I believe it to be a diffracted beam from the crystal inside exiting back towards the head. There are a few strays in there but the brightest are terminated into beam dumps.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

A closer pic here:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2259.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

I probably have never seen that because my argon hits a bounce mirror and then a dichro before it goes into the PCAOM.

http://www.akrobiz.com/laserboy/p_laserboy_98.html

I see you have a red diode. Neato! That would be a good fix for me to get more power.

James.

Thumbs up

Nice pics man! I have my projector set the same way; the beams hit the x galvo on top first and then the y on bottom. I like this way so any light that passes through the galvo mirrors goes down and hits the galvo block instead of going up... and who knows where.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Very little comes close to a good argon beam going through a diffraction grating.

Very nice pictures!!

Oh and btw, this is a bit off topic, but where are some good places to get a reasonably priced entry-level PCAOM? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    Very little comes close to a good argon beam going through a diffraction grating.
    ....but one thing surpasses - see attached only a line grating Im afraid in this case

BTW - Lovely pix Jim.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grating.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    ....but one thing surpasses - see attached only a line grating Im afraid in this case

BTW - Lovely pix Jim.

Rob

You big gassy tart you Rob
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!