Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: DB-25 ILDA breakout board

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I allready talked to Uncle Worm on the phone.
    Tonight he and I communicated more about this. He said to me that he asked you questions and you said you would send him pictures, but then... nothing. Or maybe I misunderstood. Did you send Francesco the pictures and additional information?

I will add a 5,1 zener diode but this will only give me limited protection.
    Yes, good.

Hugo is removing a capacitor from the QM.NET, do you know why he does this? will this solve the voltage output when powering down the qm's?
    This is someting that came out in the brief communication between you and Francesco. My response is -- I am not sure Hugo really is removing a capacitor. Maybe so, or maybe not. This is where pictures come in...

Also, Ante and I have looked into this and we have a number of questions for you -- some of which would have been answered by the pictures you should have sent to Francesco. For example, in what form is the QM2000.NET? Simply to say "I have a QM2000.NET" is unfortunately not enough, because we sell it four separate ways.

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 12-29-2008 at 20:23.

I'm sorry, did't had time to open the QM box yet, I will try to do this today.

I'm sure Hugo removes a capacitor from the .net board.

When I was in Hugo's workshop to Pick up the QM.nets he mentioned to me to remove this capacitor, but I did not removed it because I was thinking pangolin probbably put it there for a reason.

Nearly there. Still have loads of cleaning up to do, labelling, verifying, etc. Shouldn't be too much longer. Also, I *should* have the breakout boards by next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 123.JPG  

Wow. did you also also add white balance control on this board? I see a lot of pots on the pcb.

I would love to see the schematic of this board.

Hi Bill,

so one lasorb could turn a terrible driver into a very good driver?
    Also are you intending to post the advanced laser diode driver schematic? I would sure love to see that

When is the lasorb due to come outs?

Lasorb will give protection to a laser diode where most drivers will give no protecion.

Bill,
    I'snt it possible for us hobbiest to buy sample lasorbs for Private use and testing.

This would be the ultimate field test.

Yesterday diode nr 8 died . Need good diode protection very urgent!

I think the diodes are NOT killed by the QM.net, only when I disconnect the ilda and service the laser the diodes die.
    I think becouse it's winter time now the air is dry, static electricity is really worse now and is killing my diodes.

I do work with a antystatic bracelet most of the times.

Having killed quite a few laser diodes myself in the past I think I finally found the problem (and solution). It seems the capacitor over the laser diode on the driver can kill the diode. The solution is simply to short this capacitor before you connect the laser diode. Since I started doing this I haven't had a single diode die on me due to ESD or other mysterious reasons.

Wow. did you also also add white balance control on this board? I see a lot of pots on the pcb.

I would love to see the schematic of this board.
    White balance? Through adjustment of the individual colors you can manipulate the white balance, but there is no single pot way of adjusting the white balance, takes at least 3 pots for that. The schematic for this will be released, eventually. I want to make sure its absolutely correct before it gets released. Right now I'm still waiting on Pangolin's testing of the prototype board.

Breakout box?

this looks like the Solid State Laser Color Correction/Delay Circuit

It is the color delay circuit thing. I guess I should have put the color delay circuit thing in a different thread. The breakout boards will probably be available again this week. The color delay circuit will be just a few more weeks.