Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Inside a maxys

hey dave can you snap a closeup of the lens and the diode?
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    hey dave can you snap a closeup of the lens and the diode?

http://www.alltronics.com/cgi-bin/it...-Lasers-HK10.4
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I hate to do this....but I have almost finished the machining on the red laser housings. The driver will be analog and will only have for wires coming out of the laser. The modulation leads and the power leads...feed with 5vdc @ 1A. Nothing fancy, no anodized alu, just a plain red 660nm laser that makes around 250mw on a regurlar basis. It will be a little smaller than a Lasever unit....but no box hanging by a wire. Pix soon of one of the first units. I have just done one to check the code and have handed it off to a guy to make a small run...babysitting the machine for me. Any interest? Pix soon. Still setting up other projects and ironing out problems.....stupid thin stainless...will try OD grinding.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Thumbs up

Just what the doctor ordered...

Dang, those are some expensive resistors. Cheaper to buy a low powered red module from DX and knock the guts out of it. You even get a free laser and driver then. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9865

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    I hate to do this....but I have almost finished the machining on the red laser housings. The driver will be analog and will only have for wires coming out of the laser. The modulation leads and the power leads...feed with 5vdc @ 1A. Nothing fancy, no anodized alu, just a plain red 660nm laser that makes around 250mw on a regurlar basis. It will be a little smaller than a Lasever unit....but no box hanging by a wire. Pix soon of one of the first units. I have just done one to check the code and have handed it off to a guy to make a small run...babysitting the machine for me. Any interest? Pix soon. Still setting up other projects and ironing out problems.....stupid thin stainless...will try OD grinding.
    Let me know when you have them at 635nm.

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Dang, those are some expensive resistors. Cheaper to buy a low powered red module from DX and knock the guts out of it. You even get a free laser and driver then. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9865

yeah or zbolt or beam of light technolgies also sells some nice heat sinks that are empty for 15 dollars.

im sure mecheng would love to make some 635 modules we just need to find some good sources for the diodes!

oh and thanks for that link dave!
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    Possibly interested. Price? Do you offer a warranty? Expected life of the laser? I'm a bit suspicious of any diode laser greater than 150mw since most are overdriven.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post

NOPE, DEAL EXTREME NO LONGER SHIPPING LASERS >5mW TO THE US!

Steve

Well, since I live in Sweden that's not really a problem.

The 635 units will be the same housing. I have been buggered so to speak by the vendor I was getting good diodes from. I placed an order,paid, and recvd dioes. Verdict nice product. When I placed an order for a tray of 20 the price went up...drasticly. I complained and they gave me the routine on production costs and the one I had gotten first were more of a tryit and see if you like it deal unknowingly to me. Search is still on....I have a good method of taming the divergence...to a decent level of RGB usage. The price on the 660 units will be around 175 plus shipping stateside. That is a rough estimate...final results after more testing.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich