Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analog Modulation in LW modules.

Default Analog Modulation in LW modules.

Anyone knows wich is the analog input in laser-wave red modules?
    I have a 300mW module with a black little PSU with a black/red pair of wires, and a yellow/white pair of wires.
    Wich one is the analog input?

thanks

mille-

there should be a label on the plug. it shold say "an" i believe. can you take a pic for me??
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

I just noticed there are 2 micro switches on the side of psu/driver.
    I think i have to set both on the right... if is like the green module driver.
    I will try after dinner

No labels on wires btw.
    Im guessing if red and black are analog modulation input, and white and yellow are TTL...

Wouldn't they both use the same lines? As the signal is either 0V or 5V for TTL, or any level between 0V and 5V for analogue.

I might be wrong though as I haven't dealt with these units before.

Rich

I have a LW 300mW 650nm laser module and the analog modulation pair is white/yellow one :-)

All the best!
    Giovanni

Millie
    I assume you are talking about a red module with a completly enclosed PSU/driver. These have 2 pairs of wires for ttl & analogue (incidentally the reason the Laserwave drivers have 2 pairs of input leads is due to the analogue input being a differential input and therefore not directly suitable as a TTL) The wires seem to vary in colour but should be something like red and black for TTL and yellow and white (maybe orange and grey) for analogue input. The switches need to be both moved to the left as you look at them for analogue mod. Note this is different to the open style drivers which need both switches to he right for analogue

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mille View Post
    Anyone knows wich is the analog input in laser-wave red modules?
    I have a 300mW module with a black little PSU with a black/red pair of wires, and a yellow/white pair of wires.
    Wich one is the analog input?

thanks
    Hi!
    Strange...
    Usually Bridge add a short (but fully helpful) "user manual" inside the package of his products...
    Anyway...
    You look at side of Red laser "black box-PSU":
    there are two little micro-switches called "P1" and "P2", well... they are identified like so: P1 looking left (it is nearest between them to 220V wire), P2 looking right.
    Then about colored wires now: red-black wires are for TTL: red= + TTL signal; black = - TTL signal.
    yellow and white wires: Yellow = analog +; White = analog -

Watch out now ... about P1 and P2 switches one more time:
    - Keep P1 to LEFT and keep P2 to RIGHT, without connecting ANY wire = laser works at CW (continue mode, full power).
    - Keep P1 and P2 both to RIGHT and connecting black/red wires (as told you before) = laser works at TTL + (positive) MODE.
    - Keep P1 and P2 BOTH to LEFT and connecting yellow/white wires (as told you before) = laser works at ANALOGUE MODE.

Hope this will help you.
    Greets!
    (for problems or Italian txt, contact me by pm...)
    Ciao!
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Thanks for pointing that out, Rob!
    Talking about these things, reminds me of my dear blue laser (which you know well ;-))...It is on its way back to me...its dad! Who will give it new birth in a confortable projector!!! :-)

Great news its on its way back - I have been meaning to ask Bridge about it. Pix of your projector in action when rebuilt will be essential

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Great news its on its way back - I have been meaning to ask Bridge about it. Pix of your projector in action when rebuilt will be essential

Rob

Of course I will post pictures...and I swear I will post A LOT of them

All the best!

Giovanni