Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 405nm Dichro's

got mine today. thanks gll.
    http://modwerx.com

Modwerx stocks several components, accessories, and tools for the laser hobbyist and professionals!

Always remember to keep it safe and sane by practicing proper laser safety whether your into pointers or laser shows!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety

I'm interested in getting one of the 15mm's of this dichro if you have any left.

Alex
    Where are you?
    If you are in Europe I can help if in US Marc will help out

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I'm in Atlanta, GA so I guess I'm looking for Marc. Thanks for the quick reply! I'd barely hit submit.

I'll take one 15mm

Are these 405nM Dichros AR coated on the back side?

I purchased a 405 dichro from Stanwax and just did some testing as I'm planning to add 405 to the projector.

Since the general idea was to add the 405 dichro as the last in the row I did some testing for transmittance of R(650nm) G(532nm) and B(473nm).
    Testing was done with a die4thing meter at two different angles:

Losses through 405 dicho at 45 degrees angle of incidence.
    R: 20.5%
    G: 29.1%
    B: 2.4%

Losses through 405 dichro at 22.5 degrees angle of incidence.
    R: 20.9%
    G: 7.8 %
    B: 26.2%

All values were double checked.
    My conclusions: it is not a good idea to pass all colors through the dichro. The low 2.4% loss on 473nm passing through the dichro is a welcome surprise. Additionally my blue reflecting dichro is nearly lossless reflecting 405, so I will mix 405 with 473 and then use the blue reflecting dichro to mix both with R and G. Just have to change the planned layout now.

Bummer, my new and expensive spectacles filter out ~90% of 405nm light, I guess that is good for safety but no good viewing the projections.

ps. I'v tried measuring the 405 losses but my current BR laser is 25mW and the die for thing has 1mW resolution. It does no register the waste beam - could be anything below 4%
    Last edited by Zoof; 01-28-2009 at 12:06.

Thumbs up

VERY Nice write up man! I noticed similar losses but only by eye. If you go for a very severe angle you can find a spot where the losses are less, but it looks to be over 70 to 80 degrees and it is not that much better from what I see. The mix with blue idea would solve this nicely.

Just got mine, vey vey nice. Thanks!