Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24 hour greenie..

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    that was your brother. we separated them at birth!!

That explains it (LOL) !!

Ray -

I'm thinking along similar lines for my "Jolly Green" project - basically just the 1 watt, required electronics and some ScanPro 30's in a fairly small enclosure. Any heat -related issues packing all that green into a small box?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Channel aluminum.. Hmm.. Thanks for the idea!

That is a really cool looking projector you built.

Kudos!

-Jonathan

Many thanks for the nice comments guys..

Just a couple of points..

Let me emphasise to use this in anger the various safety features need to be completed.
    What I wanted to show was the use of a ready made case and extruded ali' as this makes for a very nice flet and stiff surcace.
    If you get it in 3 or 4mm thickness you can drill and tap the threads.
    I have become quite a fan of drilling and tapping on these projcets .. if you use the battery drill on very sloe you can cheat and do it fast. (use cutting oil or kerosene)

Also to stress the use of standard tooling no fancy items required here at all.

The case comes from Radio spares... on www.radiospares.com they are world wide so no hassles.

Heat... no issues so far but I am fitting a small 5vdc fan overhead the scanner amps to be safe. The actual scanner and laser run real cool as they are on metal and are fan cooled.

The case is well vented as it comes both top bottom and sides. By the way the front and rear panel are ali so working it is a breeze.

I'll post the final pix in due course

Steve.. I'll see what I can do about beaming up on Fenton st.... actually thats the street I am based on for my work.

I just love its size... after my other greens which kinda look like the Titanic by comparison. (but they are bigger lasers and have lab supplies so this idea wouldnt work as such)

Cheers guys
    Ray
    NZ

do you have a link to that enclosure? or a part number?
    -Josh