Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Passive Heatsinking Only - Comments

Are your lasers fan cooled and if so are you going to remove/stop the fans? If so, that might be pushing it.

As for case fans though, I really don't think they should be necessary. More heat than most people think can be dissipated by natural convection and radiation.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    ...surely laser lighting is better than led lighting?!
    Oh aye but any case would look more "Hi-Tech" with the inclusion of some digital readouts.
    And flashing LED's.
    And some chrome.
    And maybe a graphic equalizer built in.

next we will be putting a sub in our scanners!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I'm still looking for a simple IC with temperature sensor input (to connect NTC) and with an input for the temperature-setpoint (to connect variable resistor) and a switch output to switch on/off a fan via transistor/thrysistor.. Would be a nice solution.

this may sound silly but could you not use robins die4chill? when the sensor gets to hot it turns the tec on.

it has everything except the ldc display? instead of a tec wire it to some fans?

just throwing ideas into the pot?!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Are your lasers fan cooled and if so are you going to remove/stop the fans? If so, that might be pushing it.
    Only the Laserwave green is fan cooled and i'm hoping there may be some sort of workaround for that... perhaps watercooling , just kidding

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Only the Laserwave green is fan cooled and i'm hoping there may be some sort of workaround for that... perhaps watercooling , just kidding

Jem
    they also have made a new green laser without a fan that is more stable and is a whole new design...
    http://www.laser-wave.com/eproduct_s...assid=46&id=50
    -Josh

You mean like this projector? Two small 60mm fans underneath to move air out and around....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PANA0047.JPG  

PANA0048.JPG  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Where does the heat from the power supplies and laser modules go?

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    You mean like this projector? Two small 60mm fans underneath to move air out and around....
    Yeah, bang right

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking of. Is this your projector and were/are there any heat issues?

Do you have a contact/link for the heatsink material?

Cheers

Jem

P.S. I'm just waiting for you to get those 635nm lasers with the nice beam specs finished now so I can pop one in there
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001