Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laserworld Proline 750 RGB Review (at last!)

Yeah,

It is a small community as noted by Keeperx, however .. at 1500 units a month ( I think yeah right !!!! not.. that's 375 a week or 75 units a working day.. he would have to own shares in the black felt tip pen market for blanking out the laser power... [laser blanking ??]) he isn't selling them to "us"... in fact PL members are nothing but a pain in the butt to him as we are a mix of enthusiasts and Pro's.

These sort of guys require their clients to be ignorant of tech specs etc and have no test equipment or laser knowledge.
    If your flicking off boxes to night club owners etc who may have no idea what they are buying maybe they are happy ??? maybe they just don't know what they have bought ??

Sooner or later this guy will pay the price for these antics... do they not have any "authority" in Germany that people can file a formal complaint with ??

Cheers

Ray

So ..... Lasers Like all light sources are not under warranty

Now i bet if anyone bought a laser from Rob or bridge or anyone on here that sells lasers .... and it only made half the power that it was sold at .... i know that they would have it repaired or replaced faster than shit off a shovel ...

Laserworld seem to be running out of excuses

and i think that they rely on punters not having anyway to measure power

they certainly dont seem to follow normal business ethics

and here is another strange little fact about them

Laserworld were members of ILDA but in december 2008 laserworld contacted ILDA and requested that their membership was terminated, why would Laserworld no longer wish to be part of an organisation that supports reputable laser companies

just does not make sense

all the best ... Karl

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    ...If your flicking off boxes to night club owners etc who may have no idea what they are buying maybe they are happy ??? maybe they just don't know what they have bought ??
    At a local DJ shop here in the West Midlands I often pester them about the specs of the few lasers they get in and they are totally ignorant about everything except colour and price (no idea of blanking, power output etc.) and they flog a fair few to Nightclubs and mobile DJ's so the market must be out there alright.

But as mentioned, hopefully folks who are doing a bit of homework about Laserworld will happen upon the odd review on here and see the true picture of their appalling customer service (i.e. their downright lies about the specs of the goods they sell).

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    So ..... Lasers Like all light sources are not under warranty
    Warranty is one thing, but UK law imposes Statutory Obligations that Cannot be Excluded.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended, goods must MEET THEIR DESCRIPTION.

In the UK that right cannot be excluded - its against the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977: http://www.johnantell.co.uk/UCTA1977.htm s.6 (2).

Also under Sale of Goods Act as Amended goods should remain of Satisfactory quality for up to 6 years after purchase and a consumer can demand damages to cover the cost of replacement during that period. The period takes into account the expected life expectancy of a product. In the case of a laser where life expectancy is typically 5,000 or 6,000 hours, I doubt personally this will translate to a few months! And if the vendor states an inaccurate lifetime to circumvent this, then see the Act below which criminalises anything that misleads a consumer.

Also, since May this year, The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations came into force: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/pdf...0081277_en.pdf

It's now a Criminal Offence to mislead a consumer in the UK including by misdescription and it carries a maximum penalty of an unlimited fine and / or up to 2 YEARS imprisonment.

As I understand it was an implementation of Directive 2005/29/EC of the European Parliament every European Country should have an equivolent Act in force although their may be minor local variations. So any vendor in any European Country doing this should be liable under their own countries equivolent Act.

So if any company was to sell to a UK consumer goods that didn't meet their description they'd potentially be in very big trouble under UK law.

Please Note: I accept no liabilty for any inaccuracy in the above. Its posted here for rough guidance only and anyone seeking redress should therefore take professional advice.

sorry for my abscence - but things have ben really busy here Germany for me!!!

Doing a laser show this weekend in Switzerland so logged on and saw a few posts to catch up on (now 5am lol)

so i have done lots of investigation iinto german laws for both shows and selling lasers/equipment/ebay etc etc

found out a few very interesting things along the way

Ebay is legal contract, you have to provide what you advertise. (punkt! as they say over here) If not you can claim back all or part of the money if the unit is not replaced to the promised spec - german laws on our side this time

Laserworld sells lasers which you cannot use apart from your home environment (in Germany) - they do NOT meet German safety laws for shows for any laser over 5mW (yes five milli-watts!!!) they even sell pro gear without safety cutouts on scan fail. How can this be pro gear ???

but when it comes to shows, Germany is a drag to use my RGB in a new location legally i have to pay around 300-500 euros each time (hence why i'm doing a show in switzerland lol)

legally i'm looking into matters further to see what i can do about my two purchases from Laserworld - will keep u updated for sure!

At a local DJ shop here in the West Midlands I often pester them about the specs of the few lasers they get in and they are totally ignorant about everything except colour and price (no idea of blanking, power output etc.) and they flog a fair few to Nightclubs and mobile DJ's so the market must be out there alright.
    lol yeah i got my first laser like this too - funny really i called em back and told them and they did stop selling the 180mW Class I lasers lol - most people really dont have a clue about especially the retailers mostly, its all about price and profit margins not class or true powers

wish my luck on splaterday night, gunna be messy heheh

PS can u be fined for drunk in charge of laser equipment? just a thought
    http://inselaffe.org

http://www.myspace.com/majorleeblunt

An Eye for a Eye only makes the World Blind - Ghandi

Laserworld 750mW Proline RGB
    Laserworld Quad 400mW RG
    Lanta 180mW RGY

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post

As I understand it was an implementation of Directive 2005/29/EC of the European Parliament every European Country should have an equivolent Act in force although their may be minor local variations. So any vendor in any European Country doing this should be liable under their own countries equivolent Act.

So if any company was to sell to a UK consumer goods that didn't meet their description they'd potentially be in very big trouble under UK law.
    just to add - another way LW get away with it....

Registered HQ is in Switzerland and the despatch (called Log-On or something) is in Germany so i dont know how the european laws effect Switzerland...??? another ace in there sleeve no doubt

but i love fighting the system and people who bring misery on others so they got hell coming in the future
    http://inselaffe.org

http://www.myspace.com/majorleeblunt

An Eye for a Eye only makes the World Blind - Ghandi

Laserworld 750mW Proline RGB
    Laserworld Quad 400mW RG
    Lanta 180mW RGY

Angry

Hi all, small install company here, I would like to fill you in on our experience so far with laserworld.

We have 2 of their green 1W 'proline' units installed in a club, all was fine, well as far as we could tell without a power meter until the output levels dropped significantly in one.

They sent us over another unit after some discussion which was nice and bright, however i noticed it was brighter than the other unit, but close enough to work.

Unfortunately now this week both the replaced laser and the older unit have dropped their levels considerably, practically un-usable.

So I opened up the first unit which we had replaced, (we still had it in the stores and since this isn't my field I was hesitant in opening it) inside I found a 500mW module from www.clolaser.com

Heres a link to the unit:
    http://www.clolaser.com/en/docc/productbrow.asp?id=100

Contacted LW, and they immediately offered to replace the complete unit. So I decided to have a look into the other two units but could find no markings on those modules to state wether they were 1000mW or 500mW.

So hopefully, now they will replace the 500mW unit and one of the defunkt units, all we want is 2 working lasers, which is proving to be a challenge.

What I would like to know is why would the diodes drop in level after a few weeks in operation, are they driving the modules too hard? Im not up to speed on the operation of lasers but Im starting to learn fast.

I'm delighted to have found this site which has provided me with a very useful and expert resource. Is there a sticky somewhere with recomended manufacturers?

Cheers
    Dave_W

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

They sent us over another unit after some discussion which was nice and bright, however i noticed it was brighter than the other unit, but close enough to work.

Unfortunately now this week both the replaced laser and the older unit have dropped their levels considerably, practically un-usable.
    end quote

Lots of things kill a cheap greenie.

I overdriving/undersizing the pump diode
    2. too much photon flux in the doubler, causing greytracking adsorption.
    3. glues soften up under heat and the optics drift
    4. failure to use a aluminum free diode.
    5. bad optical coatings
    6. poor quality drive electronics
    7 poor quality TE cooler electronics.
    8. poor heatsinking
    9. vunerable to static discharge
    10 minimal parts switching power supplies that can't stand surge.
    the list goes on

For those who want to see through the black ink, try a IR LED for illumination and a camera that can see near IR. Most black dyes in magic marker ink are IR transparent from say 750-900 nm/

Steve