Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midwest LEM Feeler...

Default Midwest LEM Feeler...

We can't let the east coast and west coast guys have all the fun! Would anyone here be interested in having a LEM between the Chicago and Milwaukee area? I'm sure I can set something up at one of my local gathering facilities for cheap. Please post here if you would be possibly interested in attending such an event. If we could get 5 people or more I'm sure we could put something together.

Also, what shall we call it? MWLEM sounds funny.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Smile

GLLEM? (Great Lakes Laser Enthusiast's Meeting?)

You've got several people in your area, Adam. At least 3 in Michigan that I know of (DocJohn, CDBeam, and Whitcher88), plus you and Max in Wisconsin. There's 5 right there, and that's not counting any draw you might get from the Indiana / Ohio area. I think you've got enough to start planning!

Adam

NOLEM (NOthern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting?)

Hi Adam,

Count me in from mich. ( depending on time and place). Would only be about 3 to 4 hours from here. I might also be able to come up with a cheap venue in my area.

Us people in the North must unite. We can"t let the laserists in the south have all the fun.

On another note

GREAT SELEM VIDEO
    GOOD JOB ADAM Thanks a bunch . I owe you one

Bill
    Pangolin FB3
    DT40 PRO
    200mw 635nm LASERWAVE
    200mw 532nm CNI
    100mw 473nm CNI
    POLY 20 / GAS ARGON (SELEM BLUE)

LASERS MAKE ME GRIN

Evil, where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Evil, where are you located?
    Hey Mliptack!
    Lake Geneva, WI. Didn't I sell you a DPSS laser? Maybe it was another PL member from Milwaukee. Anyway, think we can put something together?
    Thanks!
    Adam

PS: Yeah, It was someone else in Milwaukee.
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 11-05-2008 at 08:13.

Quote Originally Posted by whitcher88 View Post
    Us people in the North must unite. We can"t let the laserists in the south have all the fun.
    Hahaha! Silly yankees!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

You crazy dude!
    To the real world (i.e.outside Obamaland) you are all Yankee's.
    Whether you wear a hawaiin shirt, play the banjo, wear a 10 Gallon hat or inline skate to work whilst drinking a double decaffeinated low fat mocha choca dipple doobry skinny pooky shmooky latte, you're yankee's !!

I realise that you may have your own version of a yankee but just ask any World citizen.
    They'll tell ya.
    Last edited by soforene; 11-05-2008 at 14:50. Reason: Grammatical correction (one can't abide English mistakes!).

In Canada (near Edmonton, AB) I was constantly referred to as a yankee. This was new to me then (1998ish).

One particular memory just popped into my head:

I was at a house-party drinking waaaay too much rum for a 17 year old, and it dawned on me what fun it would be to hit the visiting RCMP officer with my laser-pen (<5mW and yes, I'm now educated on this matter.) and be sly about it so as not to be caught.

Very quickly, I heard that the nice officer was referring to me in sentences such as "Where's that damned yankee and his laser pen" et. al., but fortunately, I evaded any trouble until about 5:30am when I realized it was not a good idea to hang out at a house-party until 5:30am in a house full of Canadian hockey fans/players and be the only US citizen in the town -with a penchant for making fun of Canada. I remember running across that little town (Coronation) real fast.

Good memories.

-Jonathan

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

All I know of Canadians I learnt from South Park and Ice Road Truckers.

Eh !

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    GLLEM? (Great Lakes Laser Enthusiast's Meeting?)

You've got several people in your area, Adam. At least 3 in Michigan that I know of (DocJohn, CDBeam, and Whitcher88), plus you and Max in Wisconsin. There's 5 right there, and that's not counting any draw you might get from the Indiana / Ohio area. I think you've got enough to start planning!

Adam
    Hey Adam,
    Yeah, enough people but I've had a hard time getting midwest get- togathers going on my Mercedes forum. I'd really like to get a few "yes I'm interested" people before we work out a date. Would you be interested in coming Adam? I'll bring the beer and liquor, you bring the stogies!

Quote Originally Posted by whitcher88 View Post
    NOLEM (NOthern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting?)

Hi Adam,

Count me in from mich. ( depending on time and place). Would only be about 3 to 4 hours from here. I might also be able to come up with a cheap venue in my area.

On another note

GREAT SELEM VIDEO
    GOOD JOB ADAM Thanks a bunch . I owe you one

Bill
    Hey Bill!
    Love to have you! We are already heading in the right direction. I'm up for anything, If you can get an awesome venue in Michigan, I'd be willing to drive. I guess it all matters how many members we get to join in and who's closer to what. Keep us posted on your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hahaha! Silly yankees!
    "Em ar fightn werds!".... Oh, wait, that's what your supposed to say... ERRR! Lase Off!

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    You crazy dude!
    To the real world (i.e.outside Obamaland) you are all Yankee's.
    Whether you wear a hawaiin shirt, play the banjo, wear a 10 Gallon hat or inline skate to work whilst drinking a double decaffeinated low fat mocha choca dipple doobry skinny pooky shmooky latte, you're yankee's !!

I realise that you may have your own version of a yankee but just ask any World citizen.
    They'll tell ya.
    Danm red coats!

Youz tea drinkin, bad teeth havin, god save the queen lovin, dirty rotten scoundrouls!

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    In Canada (near Edmonton, AB) I was constantly referred to as a yankee. This was new to me then (1998ish).

One particular memory just popped into my head:

I was at a house-party drinking waaaay too much rum for a 17 year old, and it dawned on me what fun it would be to hit the visiting RCMP officer with my laser-pen (<5mW and yes, I'm now educated on this matter.) and be sly about it so as not to be caught.

Very quickly, I heard that the nice officer was referring to me in sentences such as "Where's that damned yankee and his laser pen" et. al., but fortunately, I evaded any trouble until about 5:30am when I realized it was not a good idea to hang out at a house-party until 5:30am in a house full of Canadian hockey fans/players and be the only US citizen in the town -with a penchant for making fun of Canada. I remember running across that little town (Coronation) real fast.

Good memories.

-Jonathan
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    All I know of Canadians I learnt from South Park and Ice Road Truckers.

Eh !

LOL!