Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: ILDA Format

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Cool

NONE OF YOU GUYS GET IT!

APPLES VS ORANGES!

ENABLE CYNICAL SMARTA$$ RANT MODE

James software is a image editor with laser output, with a few additional tricks. IT IS NOT AT THIS TIME A SHOW CONTROLLER. You have to take its output and ram it into a multitrack sound editing software or a ALESIS ADAT WITH A BRC or HARD DRIVE RECORDER to make a show.

PANGOLIN IS A SHOW CONTROLLER WITH A editor.

JAMES' software is extremely functional when viewed as a editor/animation previewer.
    And GUESS WHAT, it with a plugin or two in the form of soundcards AND drivers, can project one image or animation!

When James or somebody else adds a keyboard to image relational functionality with many images, or a midi input or a dmx input or a beat sensor OR SCRIPT READING with timecode, and you can load like 10 or 100 DIFFERENT animations and call them up, then its a show controller. RIGHT NOW ITS A EDITOR, like Anarchy or Utopia. I could do a show with 8 Bit Norm's and its scripts/hotkeys and make it work. I could put up ONE image/animation with Laserboy. One image does not a laser show make. Nobody is gonna set in the planet-arium (apologies to SouthPark) and stare at one animation all night.

Granted, Laserboy does some color stuff that I could'nt do on my quadmod32 in a million lightyears. I don't know enough about the frame editing interface on the current Pango to comment, as it will be years before I can upgrade. BUT.....

Lets look at a planetarium show. Put on the Blue Danube and a background lumia.
    Even if I ran the laserboy image into a outside Analog rotator, thats good for about half a minute of show under a dome. So I'd need two or three laserboy systems and a switchbox even to do what the 99$ Norm's module does, and a heck of a lot of people playing four hands piano to make it work. Thats the old days like ZAP, one computer, one image at a time and maybe a few frames of animation. Could I go out and do a rave with beams from Laserboy, at 130 beats per minute? F8&k no. That makes it apples vs oranges.

TAHTS IT PUDDYCAT!

ANY COMPARISON STOPS THERE.

SO LETS COOL IT FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM DS&FT of reading this stuff. If you dont know what DS&FT means, go find a West Virginian and ASK!

The cost of bandwidth is going up, and one wonders if we should spend less time and Spec's money talking about LASERBOY VS THE WORLD, and more time on doing artistic endeavors.

Steve

Hmmm. I'm not quite sure I understand you buffo.

So, are you trying to say you like Pangolin or not?

James.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I AM DS&FT of reading this stuff. If you dont know what DS&FT means, go find a West Virginian and ASK!

The cost of bandwidth is going up, and one wonders if we should spend less time and Spec's money talking about LASERBOY VS THE WORLD, and more time on doing artistic endeavors.

Steve
    Chill out dude. You're gonna' pop a vein!

Besides that, this thread is not supposed to be about LaserBoy vs. Pangolin.

It's about the ILDA file format. That is supposed to be something that exists in common with and completely outside of ALL of the lasershow hardware and software.

James.