Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BOO!!!!!!

Well we ended up throwing together our usual grave yard on the lawn today. We were surprised that 3 groups of trick or treaters stopped by and asked why we weren't running the laser shows!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yard.JPG  

I saw something like this online a few years ago and I finally did one myself. It's been like 8 years since I carved a pumpkin.. maybe longer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7888.JPG  

Dude! I love the Resses bits for color!

Nice!

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Dude! I love the Resses bits for color!

Nice!

James.
    Skittles, but same difference eh? The idea is to illustrate what happens when one eats too much candy, I guess.

LOL!!!!!

Best one yet!

wow, halloween.
    Candy, Candy!
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Cool

I wasn't going to do anything for Halloween this year, and then my wife goes out and buys 90 full-size candy bars. D'oh! (Damn you, Costco warehouse store!) So I figure, since we're giving out the good stuff, I better get the projector out.

Amazingly I was able to set it up in about a half hour. I put the projector high in the air (almost 10 ft) on that big-ass tripod I've got, and shot across the porch to a white sheet hung on the far end. Set up a barrier so the kiddies couldn't get over to the far side (where the beams were lower to the ground), and placed the fog machine on that far side aimed back towards the door. Set up a small audio amp and a pair of speakers, and plugged it all into the computer. Had my new touch screen out there too.

Ran the "Purple People Eater" and "Deep Red" shows for the first 30 min or so, then transitioned to other graphics shows, then some beam shows, and finally did a little LivePro action right at the end when it was clear that no more rug-rats were headed our way.

Unbeknownst to me, my neighbors that live across the street (behind me) had a perfect view of the sheet, so they hung out on their porch and watched the laser shows all night. When I started packing up, they came over and thanked me!

Overall we got about 70 kids, which is a *lot* for my area. (Norm is around 30.) I saw lots of SUV's stop at the intersection near my house, look down towards where the laser was, pause for a moment, and then you'd see the turn signal come on as they turned down my street! (I live on a street that only feeds about 20 houses, so we don't normally get a lot of traffic.)

The sheet worked really well. The beams terminated on it, but you could still make out the scanned image on the back-side of the sheet. (Think rear-projection TV.) Overall it was a hell of a lot of fun. And when it was all over with, I got all the gear moved inside in like 5 min, so that was cool.

Adam

I did the same thing, and had the same kind of result. - the pangolin stuff -RGB, -the screen. I just used single colour green, sound card DAC, and a bunch of tree's

Adam- (BUFFO)

i am waiting for "Allthatwhichis" to chime in here and SCREAM at you for not having pictures/video!

LOL...Aaron, how bout a lil "This thread is useless without pictures" reply!?!?!?

Adam- YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!!!

PIX! PIX!! PIX!!!!

-Marc

P.S- TO EVERYONE....i am expecting my Reeses in the mail this week from all of you!!!
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems