Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Since this is how you all feel, adios. I'm outta here.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

I believe the first offer of a hug came in post 10 from Anthony.
    Are you some kind of "Hug Whore" Randy?

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    I believe the first offer of a hug came in post 10 from Anthony.
    Are you some kind of "Hug Whore" Randy?
    Nope -

Check Marc's post # 7!
    (just before his signature block)
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I , myself, will miss Gary if he has truly left for good. I know that not all of you use Spaghetti or LaserBoy or any of the free software out there for the "little guy" who doesn't have the deep pockets for Pangolin or Mamba. Gary created software that was not only free, but he was willing to add to it based on opinions and suggestions from the poeple he made it for. That is the reason why I would miss him. I am one such little guy who would like to own Pangolin, but there is no way I could afford it. I have been saving up for a few weeks just to get some 30K's. So, Gary inadvertantly has helped me out a great deal.

You are never going to have any public place, with public views and opinions that is 100% harmonious. Now, I am not saying that anyone pushed him away, he chose to leave, but man, opinions are always going to be disagreed with. We can't get pissed off about it. If we start moderating things here too much, I think it will push a few people away. This is like the whole "religion in schools" thing. You are not going to make anyone happy, one way of the other. We should treat everyone here with respect and if we can't, then oh well, no one will deal with you, but to force people to be a certain way, that takes away from the freedom that this forum offers. This reminds me of people going to see a Joe Pesci movie and then being disgusted because every other word is "f*ck", don't watch the movie then. I think if we can let things roll off our back when we get offended, then we will be fine. Just let it go.

Shoot lasers and beer, sounds dangerous and FUN!!!! c'mon people.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I , myself, will miss Gary if he has truly left for good. I know that not all of you use Spaghetti or LaserBoy or any of the free software out there for the "little guy" who doesn't have the deep pockets for Pangolin or Mamba. Gary created software that was not only free, but he was willing to add to it based on opinions and suggestions from the poeple he made it for. That is the reason why I would miss him. I am one such little guy who would like to own Pangolin, but there is no way I could afford it. I have been saving up for a few weeks just to get some 30K's. So, Gary inadvertantly has helped me out a great deal.

You are never going to have any public place, with public views and opinions that is 100% harmonious. Now, I am not saying that anyone pushed him away, he chose to leave, but man, opinions are always going to be disagreed with. We can't get pissed off about it. If we start moderating things here too much, I think it will push a few people away. This is like the whole "religion in schools" thing. You are not going to make anyone happy, one way of the other. We should treat everyone here with respect and if we can't, then oh well, no one will deal with you, but to force people to be a certain way, that takes away from the freedom that this forum offers. This reminds me of people going to see a Joe Pesci movie and then being disgusted because every other word is "f*ck", don't watch the movie then. I think if we can let things roll off our back when we get offended, then we will be fine. Just let it go.

Shoot lasers and beer, sounds dangerous and FUN!!!! c'mon people.
    luckily for the spaghetti users he has made a google group and you can still be in good contact with him. plus its not like he is quitting lasers he is just choosing not to be here.

it may mean that spaghetti will be harder to find out about but we can link people to his google group when they have questions or suggestions
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post

all in all...

i still think we all need to drink a few beers, and shoot some laser beams around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any seconds??? thirds??

peace and love brothas......peace and love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Marc
    Now you're speakin my language!

I wish the best for everyone and hope we can all get along. Even the "Quirky Members" (no names mentioned ) (really just a joke) have posted and contributed some great info over the past and I very much enjoy seeing everyone's views.

Unfortunately we don't all think alike but how boring would life be if we did. The only thing I don't like reading is people throwing insults against other people or their equipment and/or software. (I've done it too from time to time) Trust me, I love a good debate and prying questions but sometimes they seem to get out of hand.

I think it's good netiquette to treat people the same as you would if you were standing right in front of them. However, it's impossible to read body language over the net! Well, unless your streaming video maybe. My point is that I believe a lot of people are reading some members posts in different ways.

Example:

Buffo Said:
    "And for that, he decides to leave the forum all on his own. And now it's somehow *my* fault?"

Gotta Said:
    " Adam man....i am NOT accusing you or anyone of anything!!!!"

From my point of view Adam was not directing that comment towards Gotta but I wouldn't be 100% sure since their was no body language involved. We can only do SOOO good with smiles and punctuation.

In conclusion, I think it's best to "feel" out the other posters attitude twards a comment with a (non sarcastic) question. Instead of jumping to conclusions if you're not sure of the other posters true intentions of the comment,,,, ask a question! Private Messaging also works wonders in this situation since it's direct and private.

I've been a moderator for many years on another site I frequent and have always been a good counselor and middle man for solving members "communication issues" as that's usually all they are.

Although this is not my forum I'd nominate Buffo as moderator and I think it would be a good idea to have at least one. As forums like these grow, It's important to have some moderation to balance out issues and delete plain ol BS. Also, Spam is coming soon,, trust me on this one.

Now, I present you all with the image that will change everything!!!

AAAAWWW!
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 11-02-2008 at 16:11.

Group Hug !!! ???

I knew it!

You guys are all queers!

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Group Hug !!! ???

I knew it!

You guys are all queers!

James.

Main Entry: queer

Pronunciation: \ˈkwir\

Function:adjective

Etymology Origin unknownDate:1508

1 a: worthless , counterfeit <queer money> b: questionable , suspicious2 a: differing in some odd way from what is usual or normal b (1): eccentric , unconventional (2): mildly insane : touched c: absorbed or interested to an extreme or unreasonable degree : obsessed d (1)often disparaging : homosexual (2)sometimes offensive : gay 4b

eccentric...
    unconventional...
    mildly insane....
    absorbed or interested to an extreme or unreasonable degree...
    obsessed...
    DEFINITELY!

And oh yeh, instead of everyone trying to write out the longest reply here, why not use it constructively on my "Win a free laser controller" thread

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5763

wow. I'm in the dark here like Marc, I have no idea what has drove Gary off. Ive always seen him as a good bloke, though obviously i'm missing something. Most people that say they are leaving usually just go for a "cool down" time. I hope he isnt gone for good

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    And oh yeh, instead of everyone trying to write out the longest reply here, why not use it constructively on my "Win a free laser controller" thread..
    That's gotta be Thread Hijack of the year!
    No tenous link.
    No subtle change in direction.
    Just BANG, "Look at my thread instead!"