Thread: New 637nm 250mw Opnext Diodes

Default New 637nm 250mw Opnext Diodes

See here...

http://beta.globalspec.com/featuredP...8&frmtrk=alert

Just rec'd info via Globalspec.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

These have been released because I just bought the 170mW models. Just like it rained because I just washed me car...

<dnar stands in a hole tearing up $50 notes>
    This space for rent.

Don't worry Wayne, these 250mW won't offer the same beam quality of the 170mW model. Looks at the divergence spec, 11/40° vs 9/17°...

yep i have 10 pieces of those they are multimode not single. You bought the good ones Dnar. Expensive i know but good beamspecs

Nice Avatar

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Cool. I am very happy with my purchase. I have done 2 shows already with them and they rock! Very happy.
    This space for rent.

The 6388s have a slightly smaller emitter size than the G71 mitsus I believe. I got 2 a while back from o-like here: http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=163
    52 bucks.
    Had fairly good results with them, I was going to persue them further, just got caught up in the "Grail"

I had two of them as well back when only Avnet and Thor had them. They are very sensitive compared to the G71's. I was graphing them and they both died about 20-40mA over the spec current. I have taken the G71's more than 1A over spec current they did not die. It was pretty disappointing as they were over $100 each then.

Yeah I paid ~120 ea for them thru avnet back then, and also had 1 die. Probably not nearly as robust at the mitsi 300mw g71s. I've been abusing those at over 800mA cw for a while now