Thread: Time to upgrade

Default Time to upgrade

After alot of deciding I have Sold on my Laserworld laser as it has so many troubles, Under powered, wobbly Galvos. etc.

Somebody I know who has a mobile disco has brought it which i think thats all its good for. (No offence to mobile discos) but every one I have seen is *rap

Ok I am thinking about a upgrade.

Laser. I would like to find a 7 colour system, with 50k scanning. The price I can afford is around the £1500 mark.
    Anybody know of a system?

Software. If I am going to upgrade I will need better software as I feel that I have reached the limit with my ishow.
    What do you all recommend?

will you build a laser system or just buy a complete system ready to use?

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    will you build a laser system or just buy a complete system ready to use?
    I want to buy a ready built system working and ready for use.

AP,

I personally think that a GOOD RGB system with 50K scanning and good software isn't really possible for 1500 pounds
    Good software/DAC wil set you back a fair amount of your budget.
    You can work towards a good system by building one yourself and planning to build it in phases. (but still 1500 pounds isn't going to cut it)

Phase1- good DAC incl software, 50K scanners, one good laser (green??) on a nice breadboard.

phase2 - adding second laser (red) dichro, futher building the enclosure, maybe adding safetyshutter etc.

Phase3 - Blue laser...

With each step you feel a new impulse in your project and maintaining fun and aclomplishment.
    Nicely speading the costs and working towards a GOOD projector that is one off.. build by yourself.

You can also go to MEDIALAS , LOBO or KAVANT and buy one of the good systems...
    but you might want to sell one of your kidneys and maybe an arm and a legg.

:-)

Well, what do you intend to use it for? Just playing at home or do you intend to use it at events?

If the answer is the latter I would suggest you put the RGB plans on the shelf and get a high power green (>1W).

Either way, it's going to be hard to fit an RGB of any significant power into that budget, especially if it's ready built by any of the serious companies. Perhaps you should look into having someone here build it. We have some very skilled people and though their projectors might not look as pretty as the laserworld ones, they will easily outperform them.

As for the DAC I would recommend an FB3, with LivePRO if you're planning on live performances.

I have decided to take all your advice and start building my own system from scratch.

Starting off with a good decent green laser.

Quote Originally Posted by apdevelopments View Post
    I have decided to take all your advice and start building my own system from scratch.

Starting off with a good decent green laser.

Keep in mind what you want to do...
    If its a RGB system that you want...don't go and buy a highpower 1W or 500mw green laser.

Always keep in mind the colorbalance and your budget.
    generally you want double the Blue power (473nm) of the green power..

If you go out and buy a 500mW green ... you need almost 1W of blue and thats alot of $$$
    Not to speak of the redlaser.... try finding a affordable 2W 650nm or 1,5W 635nm with good beamspecs to match those other lasers. (RED is the new BLUE)
    Others will tel you that you can dial down the power, but often this can give modulation/consitancy problems.

Make a nice plan in your head.. work it out....and keep to it.