Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New DT-25 scanners

DT-40Pro's are $630USD and the DT-25's are $350, however I am only a supplier for N. and S. America. If Stanwax becomes a UK distributor, you'd have to buy from him or Jian directly.

Good point about the warranty issue DZ. Do you happen to know the height of the centre of the Y axis mirror.

I would appreciate it if you could find out if using a different mount block would void the warranty and the same for milling down the bottom of the DT mounting block if needed as removing the scanners from the block would be must.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    Good point about the warranty issue DZ. Do you happen to know the height of the centre of the Y axis mirror.

I would appreciate it if you could find out if using a different mount block would void the warranty and the same for milling down the bottom of the DT mounting block if needed as removing the scanners from the block would be must.

Carl
    Ok, I'll send an email to Jian and post a reply here when I find out. Regarding the height, all of the stock I have here is tuned and boxed up ready for shipping, so I measured a DT-40Pro mount I have here from a set that was just repaired. I am nearly certain, that the DT-40 mount is identical to the DT-25 mount.

I measure 20mm from the base of the mount to the center of one galvo, and 25mm from the base of the mount to the center of the second galvo.

I think it's time somebody tackles this again:

http://www.pangolin.com/50K_tests/TestPatternPhotos.htm

but with all the new scanners today. I have no doubt that the Pangolin test was done before the millenium. I know full well that it would be WAY too spendy to do this test privately, but if there were some out there who would lend the scan heads and amps, we could do a side by side for the chinese, scanergy and any other scanners out there. Bill did a great review of the Scanergy ones, but no blanking and an uber bright green. Buffo has done some reviews with a different laser and different setup. It would be nice to see them all on the same screen, same laser, same distance from the target screen (marked with angles)etc. Everything under the same conditions.

Maybe a pipe dream, but it beats jumping from one thread to the next trying to compare pics that are all different. What does everyone else think?
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Cheeres for that DZ. Sound like i'd need to pack the block up a bit rather than lower it. My setup is were the beam comes from the left, hits the X mirror then down to the Y mirror then out the window.

Carl

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    It would be nice to see them all on the same screen, same laser, same distance from the target screen (marked with angles)etc. Everything under the same conditions.
    Interesting... I may need to change the way I do scanner reviews in the future. Your idea of a calibrated target screen is a good one.

However, I can say that all of the scanner reviews I've posted do contain the same basic information about scan angle that you're looking for. It's just not there in picture form.

Adam

Well, not my idea really:

http://www.pangolin.com/50K_tests/TestPatternPhotos.htm

Got it from there. Most likely Bill was either performing these tests, or he was behind it. I just thought that the test done here was a very nice side by side for easy camparison.

I did a similar thing on my web site. Its difficult to see unless you look at the high-res photos, but I put a piece of poster board up, marked an area on my desk for the "test jig", measured the distance and marked the angles on the poster board. So all I need to do is drop in a scan head and tune. The angles I measure out are 6, 8 and 15 degrees.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DT-25_25K10.JPG  

Is that a 405nm? Looks like one.

Well, it was! It now sits in my dead diode bin... I've had several die for some reason. This one I had set at only 60mA for the top end and about 25mA idle. I've kinda given up on the whole 405nm thing, since I now have a bin of about 10 of them. Hence the reason I was looking for another laser in the B/S/T topic.