Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New DT-25 scanners

The quoted max scan angle is 60 degrees. 20kpps with large mirrors and 25kpps with standard mirrors @ 8 degrees.

Thank you Carl.

Just a question, but how do these compare to the ScanPro20 from lasershowparts.com? Looking at the specs from them I'd say that the scanpro's are better. And cheaper, $295 (AUS) vs $350 (US). And the scanpro20's include a DMX-board as well.
    Life is short.... Ride it hard!!

The DT25s are far better than the Scanpros. Appart from a 2 year warranty (that is unprecidented in scanners) their performance shows the Scanpros for what they are - Dont get me wrong the Scanpros are great VFM but they cannot do any fine detail even when tuned up and this is the reason Carl opted for them. In fact Carl replaced his not very old Scanpro 20s for 2 sets of DT25s (two projectors) and is very happy with the results as there really is no comparison in preformance and the 'on papaer' specs dont tell the whole story

Rob

edit PS I know some people without a DAC find the DMX card a useful thing but they are very limited and nothing more than a gimmick as far as Im concerned
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thanks for this piece of info! I was thinking about buying some scanpro20's but after hearing this I think I'll reconsider that
    Life is short.... Ride it hard!!

As Rob has said, I have found the DT25's are far better than the SP20's. One thing that Rob failed to say in his last post is he is a distributor of these scanners for Europe.

Carl

The reason I didnt say that Carl is cos thats not exactly true
    I am A stockist.....

Rob

PS just running Pangolin Abstracts on the gable end of next doors house
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Sorry Rob. My mistake.

Carl

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    PS just running Pangolin Abstracts on the gable end of next doors house
    Um, I think we will need proof of this Sir... Phtos are OK, video is better, but I bet you have the resources do it live...

Pictures dont do much justtice - long exposure and moving pattern = shit pic but a vid feed....
    Leave it with me Aaron I will see what I can so tonight

Rob