Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Upgrading 2W 532 to RGB ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    47

    Default Upgrading 2W 532 to RGB ?

    Hi..

    After seeing amasing images and videos here and on crunch ildaswap server I'm all about upgrading mye 2W 532 to an RGB projector.

    The equipment I got today:
    2W Viasho 532 Laser
    DT-40 Pro
    FB3 SE with DMX

    Since my 2W Viasho is analog I can go for lower powered red and blue and get ok balanced power.
    But what red and blue power do I need to get max out my 2W Green?
    something like 2W Blue and 4W Red?
    Do they even sell 2W blue, at what price?

    If I go for RGB I should maybe upgrade my Pangolin hardware as well.
    Any news on when theire new solution is out? If I buy the current version, will I get a free upgrade to the new one?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlewee View Post
    Hi..

    After seeing amasing images and videos here and on crunch ildaswap server I'm all about upgrading mye 2W 532 to an RGB projector.

    The equipment I got today:
    2W Viasho 532 Laser
    DT-40 Pro
    FB3 SE with DMX

    Since my 2W Viasho is analog I can go for lower powered red and blue and get ok balanced power.
    But what red and blue power do I need to get max out my 2W Green?
    something like 2W Blue and 4W Red?
    Do they even sell 2W blue, at what price?

    If I go for RGB I should maybe upgrade my Pangolin hardware as well.
    Any news on when theire new solution is out? If I buy the current version, will I get a free upgrade to the new one?
    Good lord, that'll be some serious power. Are you planning to weld steel . Looking at some of the posts it would appear that it should be a 3 to 1 ratio of red to green, although not sure about blue

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Austria/Vienna
    Posts
    279

    Default

    If You use 640nm red and 445nm blue the ratio will be 1:1:1-1,2 (Green/Blue/Red). I make some experiments and this is nicest white I found.
    But a 445nm 2W cost arround 11000-12000Euro.
    Greetings,
    Phil

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,704

    Default

    The ratios you use depends on the wavelengths of the light used as some are more visible than others eg. 635nm red is far more visible than 660nm red.

    Whereas I can't comment on Phil's findings directly, those ratios look a little low to me compared to what many others on here use.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Austria/Vienna
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    The ratios you use depends on the wavelengths of the light used as some are more visible than others eg. 635nm red is far more visible than 660nm red.

    Whereas I can't comment on Phil's findings directly, those ratios look a little low to me compared to what many others on here use.
    Donīt forgot : I use Lasers with good beams (where all beams fit on the mirror, without losses becouse of a to big beam)
    The most use Broadband emitter diodes with arround 7*7mm beam, you loose the half power.
    So if one has 100mW blue, 100mW grenn and 200mW 635nm, after losses he has only arround 100mW after scanners (I messured it with some lasers , CNI and lasever).
    so the ratio of 1:1:1-1,2 is OK if you use 640nm or 635nm red.
    Greetings,
    Phil

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlewee View Post
    Hi..

    After seeing amasing images and videos here and on crunch ildaswap server I'm all about upgrading mye 2W 532 to an RGB projector.

    The equipment I got today:
    2W Viasho 532 Laser
    DT-40 Pro
    FB3 SE with DMX

    Since my 2W Viasho is analog I can go for lower powered red and blue and get ok balanced power.
    But what red and blue power do I need to get max out my 2W Green?
    something like 2W Blue and 4W Red?
    Do they even sell 2W blue, at what price?

    If I go for RGB I should maybe upgrade my Pangolin hardware as well.
    Any news on when theire new solution is out? If I buy the current version, will I get a free upgrade to the new one?
    Thanx for idea. I was thinking to get another 1.7W green but after your post I'll go RGB as well. I don't think there will be a problem with balancing this out all you need is about 30K$ for a blue and about 15K$ for red. But you can always go for lower power modules by reducing power of your green. I recomend leaving your green alone and build a new RGB. You will need another Pang card to run it. Then after all done you will need another 2W green projector to get a 3 head classic lasershow setup.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Eugene Oregon
    Posts
    952

    Default

    a quick question regarding a high powered green mixed with lesser powered colors.

    i believe this was covered before and ld2000 is the only capable hardware that can do it but i wanna verify.

    while making a show can you get a proper white balance and then when you want you can do some frames with full power green. all without having to manually adjust the power after you press play.

    hopefully that makes sense.

    so say you have 200mw of green mixed in with other colors then you have a couple frames you want to really show the power of just your green the software can boost it up the the 2 watts and give a really nice beam.


    i guess it would be considered individual color adjustment on each frame?

    i think this was covered before but would you be able to do this with an fb3?
    -Josh

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post

    while making a show can you get a proper white balance and then when you want you can do some frames with full power green. all without having to manually adjust the power after you press play.

    hopefully that makes sense.

    so say you have 200mw of green mixed in with other colors then you have a couple frames you want to really show the power of just your green the software can boost it up the the 2 watts and give a really nice beam.
    The main problem with that is you kill the amount of modulation range you have for your balanced pallet. If it takes 5 volts to get 2W, the range from 0 to 200mW is going to be very small, maybe a volt or two. Color mixing maybe poor. Your basically crippling the gren to balance the red and blue and then will be blasting them both away agin when you run the green beams at full power.

    Dr Laser has the right idea, if you have the budget you seem to be speaking of, make a fat 1.5 or 2W RGB and keep the 2W Green on the side. 300mW G:500mW B:1200mW R
    Love, peace, and grease,

    allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •