Thread: Ok starting From Scratch.

Default Ok starting From Scratch.

OK Starting from scratch.
    Forget lasers for a minute.

I will stick with my ishow for now.

I have a good laser in waiting. A Nice 500mw Green. (I might buy it yet Stanwax as I have the money from the Laserworld rubbish)

Scanning system. X, Y and Z. I will forget modulation for now.
    After my previous experience I dont think modulation is all that good as it cant seem to keep up with the Graphics and you get stray dots everywhere. you also loose power for sure.

Good Galvos at 50k ish all 3 x, y and z Mounted ready to go. Just plug in and shine a laser into it and your way. ILDA Ready.

Where would I get such a scanning system on its own?

Back in the 90's we used Laser Innovations Laser Heads back then. With X, y and z Unfortunately. David Hickford who used to own the company has called it a day and sold the company.

ok so if I had a 500mw green what size red would I need to go with it to create yellow?

Lightbulb

You're looking at about 2 watts, going with a 1:2:4 set up. Any chance you can drop down to a 250mW green? Make a 1.75W RGB. Still a watt of red... Surprisingly I have a 250mW 635 mixing with a 100mW green fairly weel even with all th red that doesn't make it on the galvo mirrors.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by apdevelopments View Post
    ok so if I had a 500mw green what size red would I need to go with it to create yellow?
    It depends on the wavelengt of the red...
    I think you need aprox 2Watts of 650nm to balance that.

general line should be somewere :

1xgreen(532)
    :2xgreenpower for Blue(471)
    :4xgreenpower for Red(650)

Other users on this forum can tell you alot more about color balance and wavelengts.

Criky.
    Wouldn't it be easier to buy a white light laser or a argon with a red added?

Going back in time. I had a small ALC60 Argon laser and a small hene red rated at 50mw. That gave me the 7 colours and the colours were perfect.

I think I will stick to simple green.
    Last edited by apdevelopments; 11-03-2008 at 13:25.

See my recent post regarding color balance: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5783

While it discusses white balance, it is also useful for finding a good red-green balance as any red-green mixture specified there has blue (or violet) as its complementary color and as such is yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by apdevelopments View Post
    Criky.
    Wouldn't it be easier to buy a white light laser or a argon with a red added?
    Contact Jim (Smogthemog). He has just what you're suggesting, assuming he hasn't sold it yet.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001