Thread: ftp server

Default ftp server

why has the server been changed again ??????????
    all the ild files, that i and others uploaded have been put in one folder so you have to go through loads to find what you want ,what was wrong with leaving them in there correct folders and putting that folder inside the ild folder , so i tried to upload my shared folder with all the stuff that i worked hard on just to share the server decided no halfway through and now wont let me connect again
    the server was fine the way it was it only needed to stop poeple deleting stuff
    please can i have the old one back that does not keep kicking me off all the time

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    why has the server been changed again ??????????
    all the ild files, that i and others uploaded have been put in one folder so you have to go through loads to find what you want ,what was wrong with leaving them in there correct folders and putting that folder inside the ild folder , so i tried to upload my shared folder with all the stuff that i worked hard on just to share the server decided no halfway through and now wont let me connect again
    the server was fine the way it was it only needed to stop poeple deleting stuff
    please can i have the old one back that does not keep kicking me off all the time
    We are in the process of organising the FTP server.
    All files are put in the right folders so content is easy to find.
    If you name your uploads accordingly it wouldn't be hard to find in the ILDA folder.
    I think its just something to get used off.

Connection to te server can be broken if you try tu use mutiple connections or if you try to overwrite/delete an existing file.
    The server hasn't changed.. just the rights and virus monitoring.

If you keep havng problems.
    trow CRUCH a PM.

Default server files

yes your right about naming files but it wont hurt for it to be the way it was one folder for xmas ,one for halloween one for cartoon and another for animations would be nice
    i have even tried using a different ftp program to put my folder in the ilda folder (cartoon files optomized) it starts then dissconnects me
    i will try another day maybe its just busy

You are right.

the ILDA content needs to be sorted out in general catagory's
    For now it's a little to mutch work for me.
    maybe cruch can find the time to do so.

I would be best is users Think more before uploading from now on.
    Make the right folder like you are trying to do and upload to the right place.

its a start

I agreed with that! But it take alot of time doing this!!
    Like Anthony said

I would be best is users Think more before uploading from now on.
    Make the right folder like you are trying to do and upload to the right place.

its a start

yep done that server let me in at last but its very unstable keeps dumping connections all the time i get time outs because it fails to respond to commands aleast that what the ftp software keeps telling me, just a busy night i guess
    rgds
    chris
    Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    I agreed with that! But it take alot of time doing this!!
    Like Anthony said

what client are you using?

i tried core ftp but file zilla works better
    i just looked on the server and somones just uploaded the orginal stuff i put on there and put in on as a rar as well and i just uploaded my stuff
    now there multiple copys
    i think you should stop uploads untill you finished sorting out the server because no one knows who doing what , they see there files have gone re upload them and then they reappear from the original backup i think
    i wont upload anthing else for a week or two untill things settle back down
    rgds
    chris
    Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    what client are you using?

Why don't we create a download directory that has rights for download only and restrict the rest for uploads.

This directory could then be used for sorting and sanctioning for the time being
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Default Maybe some really nice member will see fit to mirror server on their high end t-1 con

nected pc hint hint!!
    Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    yep done that server let me in at last but its very unstable keeps dumping connections all the time i get time outs because it fails to respond to commands aleast that what the ftp software keeps telling me, just a busy night i guess
    rgds
    chris
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.