Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The perfect white balance - feedback requested

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    H
    When I was in Hugo's workshop I saw him assembling the new lasers (They where just finished buiding 1 week for the event!) But I could not find the modules he used on the Coherent website. But I know it's a 10W module. (also seen on the powermeter in hugo's workshop)
    http://www.lightline.de/html/laserquellen.html

I do not work for hugo, but at this event he was short on staff so I helped him controlling the 3 BMG smoke machines.
    MDG

I also saw a guy giving Hugo a private applause and he shoke his hand
    That would have been me.

... suckup
    Would have loved to see that show

I do not work for hugo, but at this event he was short on staff so I helped him controlling the 3 BMG smoke machines.
    I want this job :P

Default Standalone application?

As I was helping two pretty girls with some Matlab code today I realized that making a GUI isn't all that hard. If they can do it, then I can too.

Said and done, I rewrote the code for a GUI. It's far from a final version, but I don't feel like spending more time on it now unless anyone is interested in using it.

I seem to have managed to compile a 64-bit application though, so you need a 64-bit version of Windows to run it. I suspect you also need to install the MATLAB Compiler Runtime (MCR). This is included in Chroma_pkg, but is rather large (>200MB).

It would be great if someone with Windows x64 could at least try to run the small executable and let me know what happens.

Here are the files: http://tocket.mine.nu/laser/Chroma/distrib/

Thumbs up

Nice work man! I don't run at 64 bit machine yet so I cannot test.

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    It would be great if someone with Windows x64 could at least try to run the small executable and let me know what happens.

Done.

Error Message "the application failed to start because mclmcrrt78.dll was not found."

Run on Vista 64 Ultimate Edition.

That might be explained by this message...

************************************************** **************************
    Warning: Applications/components generated using Microsoft Visual Studio
    2008 require that the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 run-time
    libraries be available on the computer used for deployment.
    To redistribute your applications/components, be sure that the
    deployment machine has these run-time libraries.
    ************************************************** **************************

Guessing it's this one: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Anyone have advice on an easy to use compiler that works with Matlab and Vista?
    Last edited by tocket; 01-20-2009 at 15:21.

I just installed the new MATLAB version on my laptop and compiled the code with lcc-win32 instead. You will "only" need to install the MATLAB compiler runtime (MCR) now, and it should work on all Windows versions.

I have not done any changes to the code and there are a few bugs. I'm not really interested in any bug reports now, as I'm already aware of them. However, general feed back and feature requests are of course welcome.

If you have MCR installed, just get the small file and run it. If you don't, you need the big file which contains an MCR installer.

Here's the link:
    http://blue.orgchem.kth.se/Chroma/distrib/

The download link should work better now. I was using a python file server that apparently shut itself down when I closed the SSH connection.

Installed apache instead, so it should be better now. The server is my workstation at school, so it should be very fast.