Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LD2000 Showtime Query

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post

Besides, it's fun learning about the features of the LD system
    Have you seen how much gear you get to play with !!
    Isn't that the truth!

I still have "whoa !" moments just about everytime I fire my system up!
    Of course, I'm spending more time now with the online help files, which does actually seem to be making a difference
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    ... I'm spending more time now with the online help files, which does actually seem to be making a difference
    Oho !!
    So you are "The Oracle" then?
    That's good to know ........

Oho !!
    So you are "The Oracle" then?
    That's good to know ........

NOT me!!
    I claim no level of expertise at this point - MAYBE after releasing a couple of shows (or 3 or 4 ...)

BTW -

What software are you guys using to edit the audio you're using with Showtime?
    (trying to keep the thread somewhat on track!!)
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

NOT me!!
    I claim no level of expertise at this point - MAYBE after releasing a couple of shows (or 3 or 4 ...)

BTW -

Not that i've done that much audio editing, but I tend to use Audacity.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Steinberg Cubase 4 for making compositions/adding effects/samples/EQ'ing, and Steinberg Wavelab for editing wave-files, mastering, normalizing,etc.

Smile

....trying to keep the thread somewhat on track ..
    Huh?
    We started off chatting about LD2000 and we still are.
    I didn't notice Tinkerbell whining about Ye olde worlde formate in this thread.

I tend to be a bit of a tart and just pick up the odd bit of audio software as I need it.
    Presently installed is Sound Editor Deluxe but I have no favourites as I only need to muck about with audio occasionally (unlike "MC Mix Master Jemski").

Huh?
    We started off chatting about LD2000 and we still are.
    I didn't notice Tinkerbell whining about Ye olde worlde formate in this thread.

I tend to be a bit of a tart and just pick up the odd bit of audio software as I need it.
    Presently installed is Sound Editor Deluxe but I have no favourites as I only need to muck about with audio occasionally (unlike "MC Mix Master Jemski").
    Works for me

Yeah, that's a serious audio editing setup he's got!

I actually have Cakewalk Sonar 7 - just haven't got around to installing and using it yet! Currently using Adobe Soundbooth, which seems to be OK for basic mixing (but really haven't used it that much yet, either...)

Concerning Showtime audio, has anyone noticed any pros / cons / issues with using one particular audio file format over the other?
    RR

Sweet.....

Concerning Showtime audio, has anyone noticed any pros / cons / issues with using one particular audio file format over the other?
    I'm always using WAV-format, that will show up as wave-format above your tracks (so you can see the beats, breaks/etc.).

I did read that WAV's are a bit more stable timewise whereas MP3's could have a tendency to "drift".
    But that was a while ago when LD2000 was but a twinkle in my eye.

MC Mix Master Jemski
    I Like it, I think i'm going to change my name by deed poll

Now I just need to grow some hair and get rid of the belly so I can slip back into my 1980's leather trousers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001