Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LD2000 Showtime Query

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

It's certainly better than Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine The Hulk And The Flash Combined

Whoops: Steady now. We are drifitng off thread and we'll get "Stuka'd" if we're not careful.
    Last edited by soforene; 11-05-2008 at 14:37. Reason: The fear of The Stuka Stick !

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Whoops: Steady now. We are drifitng off thread and we'll get "Stuka'd" if we're not careful.
    Whoa - not me, man!! I actually drift off-thread quite easily !

Just didn't want any of you funny-talkin' chaps across the pond to think I was diverting your thread, y'all !
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

It's certainly better than Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine The Hulk And The Flash Combined

Strange things happen in that there Avalon

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Talking

What's Roxy Music got to do with it?

What's Roxy Music got to do with it?
    Err... Well some say that Glastonbury = Avalon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

So it was a Folklore link as opposed to a musical one !!

Stuka won't be happy.
    We were just about managing to keep on track with audio and now you have gone all Dungeons and Dragons on his Volunteer State Ass.
    Last edited by soforene; 11-06-2008 at 03:13. Reason: Wrong State nickname

So it was a Folklore link as opposed to a musical one !!

Stuka won't be happy.
    We were just about managing to keep on track with audio and now you have gone all Dungeons and Dragons on his Volunteer State Ass.
    O.K., let's bring it back to music...

Avalon = King Arthur & The Knights Of The Round Table = Rick Wakeman = Music

There ya go, back on track

....Stuka won't be happy.

Yeah, what he said!

Looks like somebody has been doing a little Internet research on my home state! Anybody up for a "Rocky Top" laser show?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Concerning Showtime audio, has anyone noticed any pros / cons / issues with using one particular audio file format over the other?
    As JeroenVDV pointed out, I prefer to use .wav format files so I can see the waveform in the Showtime timeline editor. It makes it easier to get the timing down.

Once the show is complete, you can always substitute the MP3 file for the .wav file if you want to save disk space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    I still have "whoa !" moments just about everytime I fire my system up!
    HAHAHA! Just wait until you get your touch screen working with LivePro! Man, that is some seriously cool software. Also, it's one of those apps that was absolutely *MADE* to work best with a touch screen.
    Of course, I'm spending more time now with the online help files, which does actually seem to be making a difference
    I made the mistake of not reading the help files when I first got my LD-2000. (I know, I know... Don't be a dumbass: Read the friggin' instructions first! What can I say? It's a guy thing...) Anyway, I slogged through showtime for about a week before I broke down and watched the tutorial DVD. That helped a lot. Then I started looking into the help file, and found *tons* of stuff I had missed.

When I got LivePro, the *first* thing I did was to read each and every page of the help file. Tedious, yeah, but I learned more doing that that I have from watching 3 separate demos of how LivePro works. (One of which was done by Bill Benner himself!)

So trust me on this: Read the help file first. It makes the learning curve a lot flatter.
    I did read that WAV's are a bit more stable timewise whereas MP3's could have a tendency to "drift".
    Was that specifically for the LD-2000, or just in general? I haven't noticed any problems using mp3 files for the audio on my shows so far... (Though Fred and I both had this problem back when we were each using an older version of Mamba Black...)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

When I got LivePro, the *first* thing I did was to read each and every page of the help file. Tedious, yeah, but I learned more doing that that I have from watching 3 separate demos of how LivePro works. (One of which was done by Bill Benner himself!)
    where those demo's on video? or live?
    I am really interrested in seeing those demo's.