Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lasershow I did @ Youtube

i for one am all about safety and would be the FIRST to probably bitch at someone for producing an unsafe show. but lately, it seems the second ANY of us sees a laser beam in an audience area we start getting our panties in a bunch and preaching safety. and we all start assuming that peoples eyeballs are being melted out of their eye sockets.

lets not push the factors of laser safety to a level where people start believing the hype!! YES, of course....lasers are dangerous. YES, of course...lasers can blind you. but you also need to know MANY MAN MANY factors when it is appropiate to assume that those consequences can be attained! that video that joerenDV displayed looked perfectly safe in my eyes. (very nice show by the way joeren!!)

just becasue you see a laser beam hit someone doesnt mean their retinas are being blasted. like jeroen said, the first audience member was 30 meters away! . that is pretty far!! ESPECIALLY with those effects AND the fact that he did power output mapping in pangolin. i think we should all hold off (just my opinion) on the "scare tactics" of laser safety. or, ASK before maybe being accusatory.

lets all remember, google LOVES this site!! if people are doing searches for laser show providers or info on laser safety, i think A LOT of wrong information would be portrayed by some posts here. WE all mostly know contexts of posts here. but if some joe schmoe got to this site and was looking for valid info. i think it would make lasers look like the anti-christ and beams of light that will melt people and cause blindness in aliens 100,000 light years away!

keeperx-

i applaud you safety consciousness. and i dont want you to think that im putting you down or anything. but you (and myself a few times in the past) have made statements like that without knowing the logistics of the show being produced.

laser safety is ALL OF OUR top priorites. but lets not make it SOOOO scarey that people are afraid to go see a show!! that would make our hobbies and professions pretty boring!! our garages with our buddies would look great...but thats about it!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    i for one am all about safety and would be the FIRST to probably bitch at someone for producing an unsafe show. but lately, it seems the second ANY of us sees a laser beam in an audience area we start getting our panties in a bunch and preaching safety. and we all start assuming that peoples eyeballs are being melted out of their eye sockets.

lets not push the factors of laser safety to a level where people start believing the hype!! YES, of course....lasers are dangerous. YES, of course...lasers can blind you. but you also need to know MANY MAN MANY factors when it is appropiate to assume that those consequences can be attained! that video that joerenDV displayed looked perfectly safe in my eyes. (very nice show by the way joeren!!)

just becasue you see a laser beam hit someone doesnt mean their retinas are being blasted. like jeroen said, the first audience member was 30 meters away! . that is pretty far!! ESPECIALLY with those effects AND the fact that he did power output mapping in pangolin. i think we should all hold off (just my opinion) on the "scare tactics" of laser safety. or, ASK before maybe being accusatory.

lets all remember, google LOVES this site!! if people are doing searches for laser show providers or info on laser safety, i think A LOT of wrong information would be portrayed by some posts here. WE all mostly know contexts of posts here. but if some joe schmoe got to this site and was looking for valid info. i think it would make lasers look like the anti-christ and beams of light that will melt people and cause blindness in aliens 100,000 light years away!

keeperx-

i applaud you safety consciousness. and i dont want you to think that im putting you down or anything. but you (and myself a few times in the past) have made statements like that without knowing the logistics of the show being produced.

laser safety is ALL OF OUR top priorites. but lets not make it SOOOO scarey that people are afraid to go see a show!! that would make our hobbies and professions pretty boring!! our garages with our buddies would look great...but thats about it!!

-Marc
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

looks great!!! i wish youtube did better quality though!

i love the pictures!
    -Josh

i knew i would end up being wrong.. i always am...

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    i knew i would end up being wrong.. i always am...
    Hey man, it's nothing personal. I was just waiting for the first person to start yelling about safety, audience scanning, etc. I'm sorry it was you

I think that's part of the reason why I'm posting these pictures and video. I'm a bit tired of all the posts about safety, only based on video's/pictures. I'm NOT saying safety isn't important...

would that show fly in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    would that show fly in the US?

Nope.... but there is more in the world than the US.
    nothing disrespectfull or personal.

The dutch drugs policy would not work in the US... for us it is working alsmost 25 years....sometimes less strikt rules work if people can handle it resonable wisely.

i know its not the same as laser..

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post

i know its not the same as laser..
    i have to disagree!

lasers are drugs!
    -Josh

There are more people dying in the US because of fireweapon-accidents than there are laser-projectors in the whole country..

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    i have to disagree!

lasers are drugs!

I think it can be almost as raddictive..!! wuahahahahahaha
    But than again... i don't have any real experience with drugs