Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's up with PayPal??

yep, seller has to ship before they will get their money. probably not a good seller if this is happening to them, even though they might have a feedback of 100% with ebay that doesnt mean they havent had a few claims decided against them. they need to send before you make another one.

Smile

The problem is that the seller *refused* to ship until the 21 day hold had expired. That's a red flag.

The seller should have gotten the same e-mail you did. That is, he or she should know that as soon as you receive the item, you can contact PayPal and say "it's here, all is well" and they'll release the funds.

But the seller said they wouldn't ship until they got their money,which isn't going to happen until the 21 day hold expires. That, to me, means they have something to hide.

Adam

Adam, you must look at it from both points of view.

Buyer: You paid you want your merchandise

Seller: You have been paid is escrow (not part of your original terms of selling) and therefor have not even been given the money to ship said merchandise.

I have read horror stories from more sellers than buyers on this one because they just got paid to ship a 1000lb transformer or something else big that requires tons of money to ship that people dont just have laying around.

Cool

Yeah, I hear you on that one Geroge... But Brian ordered a set of Catweazle Scanners - not exactly a heavy item. Then too, if the seller only has 54 positive feedbacks on E-bay, they haven't been around all that long. So they probably ought to expect something like this.

A couple "good" outcomes following a freeze like this and Paypal will leave them alone in the future.

Adam

oh i completely am on Brian's side on this one, the seller needs to ship it. Brian if the seller has not givin you a tracking number showing its in transit on the 20th day, file a claim, dont hesitate.

I will definitely do so. I have tried contacting the seller and they have not responded. If I don't hear something soon, I will be taking steps. From what I am hearing, the hold is "up to 21 days" not "21 days". I have heard from others that the hold was lifted after 5 days. I am trying to get more answers from paypal.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

the hold will only be released if ONE of the following are met

tracking number provided by purchase of shipping via paypals print a label system has shown delivered

you have left positive feedback

you have notified paypal you are happy

honestly man, i would go ahead and file the claim, paypal does some stupid things sometimes, shouldnt hurt the sellers feelings since he thinks he doesnt have the money anyhow.

Thumbs up

I got an email over the weekend from the seller. Got a trackign number and everything. Looks like the galvos shipped. According to UPS, I should have them by thurs. I got so busy with work and then wildfires right by my house, I almost forgot about this. I was shocked to get an email out of the blue, but yeah, I quess he waited exactly 21 days before shipping. Oh well. I might be a little more skeptical about it from here on out. Also for other PL'ers out there. Watch out for guys like these. As many have stated in this thread, some eBay jerks really take advantage of this rule. I was just lucky that the guy was honorable. It could have been worse.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'll take pics once I get the units up and running as I know they will probably need to be tuned. For this, I may consult Buffo if I cant get them right.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Lightbulb

Nice to see it got shipped, but this guy was being an ass. He could have gotten his money much sooner if he would have shipped you the item. It was to protect you, not him. Let us know how it finishes.

Thats funny, we've got the complete opposite happen.

Paypal have flagged a payment to us as "high risk" and are advising us NOT to ship the item until they have completed their review.

Which could take 24 hours.

That happened late last week.

I love paypal.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts