Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's up with PayPal??

Angry What's up with PayPal??

What's up with PayPal putting a hold on funds for up to 21 days????? I won a complete Catweazle II scanner set with amps on the Bay and promptly paid. I got a message from the seller indicating that PayPal has put a hold on the funds. They said that their policy is such that they won't ship until funds have completely cleared. As their feedback is 100%, I have no reason to doubt the validity of this. Has anyone else had this happen? What is the deal??? Had I known this going in, I would have found a quicker way to pay. If PayPal is going to make this a standard practice, I think they will lose money. I won't use PayPal anymore now unless the seller accepts no other form of payment. I don't want to wait extra for my items. Okay, my rant is done. Seriously though, anyone else?
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Lightbulb

This happened to a friend of mine as a seller except he had to send the item boefore it would let him accept the funds. Paypal told him they are doing this to help combat fraud and that sellers were selected randomly. The seller may have to send your item before the funds will clear to him. You may want to call Paypal and bitch a little and see if you can get your item shipped. From what I understand this is to help you, the buyer, not the seller.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

this has happened to me also. you can tell the seller that the funds ARE INDEED there. if he/she has a lower sales rating. NOT meaning there feedback score. the AMOUNT of sales they have completed, paypal will hold a certain amount of funds. your money IS sitting in their paypal account.

if they read the explanation, it tells them EXACTLY what they need to do. they can still ship the item to you. which is the BESt way. just say you bought the item from them for $500. that money IS IN THEIR ACCOUNT. but, becasue it is considered a higher value item, paypal holds the funds until the shipment is either CONFIRMED BY YOU (that you received it). until you leave them positive feedback or 21 days have gone by without you disputing the sale or disputing the shipment.

i have 2 sales like that right now pending with me. i have 100% feedback as a seller, but i have only sold about 15-20 things. so, anything over i think $150 is on hold until the purchaser leaves me positive feedback from ebay, or they confirm the shipment when it arrives or 21 days goes by without a dispute.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Cool

I'd check with PayPal to verify that the funds were actually held, and the seller isn't just feeding you a line of BS. The seller *could* be trying to scam you. How old is the E-bay account of the seller? Is all the feedback for cheap items? And how many positive feedbacks do they have?

PayPal normally holds funds like that when they suspect something is fishy about the guy receiving the money. So you should be suspicious as well. Granted, PayPal is well-known for freezing money on innocent sellers, but it's still cause for concern. Also, you should have been notified by PayPal of the freeze along with the seller.

A reputable seller that knows he is being falsely punished by PayPal would be pissed off, but would probably ship the galvos anyway, since he would be confident that he has done nothing wrong. But the fact that your seller doesn't want to send the galvos now is something to be worried about. He might be trying to buy some time so he can disappear...

If PayPal doesn't report anything odd about the transaction to you when you ask them, I'd be downright concerned. To the point that I'd consider cancelling the payment altogether - even if it means loosing the galvos.

Adam

I see. Let me send a little email to PayPal to see if I can expedite this. Thanks guys!!

sorry for the double post-

this is direct form one of my holds-

"has been completed and a temporary hold has been placed on this transaction.

To get the funds sooner, please ship right away. We'll release the hold after 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction.

We may release the hold earlier if:

The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay
    We confirm that the item was delivered"

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Sorry, I missed one of your posts here. The seller has 54 positives. The items that I can see are mostly under $30USD. Still, I will send both them and PayPal an email. Thanks again guys!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I see. Let me send a little email to PayPal to see if I can expedite this. Thanks guys!!
    Hey man, my job is 50% emails and 50% phone calls. The phone call will get you the info NOW, the email might get replied to today, Saturday, or... Monday. You could have your scanners shipped today with the phone call.

Sent the email. Let me follow Aaron's advice and give them a call.

The funds are on hold and PayPal won't release them based on my request. I have sent the seller an email letting him know that the sooner they ship, the sooner they get their money. We'll see. Looks like I will have to wait. At least I know (for the most part) that I am not being scammed and the money is where it is supposed to be.