Thread: Found an online laser training course NICE! VERY GOOD, I Love It! ;0

Post Found an online laser training course NICE! VERY GOOD, I Love It! ;0

Our abundantly knowledgable Steve AKA mixedgas Has located the actual curriculum start point, Oh the one upmanship! ;0

But he has found this link to start from, and mentions several good CHEAP books for us newwbies to the inner works of lasers.

http://cord.org/cm/new/viewleot.htm

This however is free and seems a good starting point for those of us down on bottom of the learning curve
    Last edited by frank_1257; 11-10-2008 at 20:35.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

You're easily pleased mate.
    It takes more than 4 pages of "We're sorry - this page cannot be found." to get me excited.

Thumbs up Took a bit to get a good leap off link so don'r rab on me biotch!

Just kidding regards from Dave happy reading and learning folks

Correction by Steve Mixedgas: http://cord.org/cm/new/viewleot.htm

The purpose of this web page is to spread the word about an exciting project called Using a "Morphing" process to Update a Photonics Curriculum. This project is being managed by the Center for Occupational Research and Development (CORD). CORD is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to excellence in education and training for highly skilled workers.
    The project is being funded by a grant from the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE). Participants in this project include business people and educators from sites across the country who have a stake in making sure trained photonics technicians are available to fill the growing number of photonics related jobs.

Last edited by frank_1257; 11-11-2008 at 02:39.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Ok, I found the real cord course:

http://cord.org/cm/new/viewleot.htm

or

just get a copy of Laser Fundamentals by Silfvast easy reading, and just algebra, no heavy math, if you can do ohms law, you can design a laser using silfvast.

Silfvast is worth it for the cover photo alone:

http://www.amazon.com/Laser-Fundamen.../dp/0521556171

used from 26.00

he covers everything, gas , solid state, chemical, ion, hene, hecad, diode, and coil.

Cord is a basic laser maint course at best , not a laser development course.

www.meos.com has solid state and hene on line courses and you can buy the gear from them

see the downloads page,which for soem reason mozilla firefox doesnt like.
    ask meos to send you a copy of their DPSS experiment its a pdf.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 11-10-2008 at 06:04.