Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaserBoy GUI

Default LaserBoy GUI

Well actually LaserBoy has a GUI, just no mouse support..
    And if ya ask me, not enough arrow key dependence..

But scratch ALL of that and every complaint you ever made about the difficult and unfriendly interface (im right there with ya)..

James and I are working jointly to resolve this issue.

Enter FLTK (http://www.fltk.org/) an open source, cross platform GUI development toolkit.

DrLava is already using FLTK in some of his projects and I have done some testing with positive results.

If you know anything about FLTK, please don't be afraid to chime in as this thread plays out.

The initial GUI goal is to wrap the current LaserBoy display window with a friendly menu system including dropdowns for all functions and buttons for some of the most used tools.

I have taken the first steps in getting this project underway and even done some of the first bits of coding (just to kick James in the ass cuz he is LAZY)

Just as a treat for james i have included this screenshot which shows that i have gotten everything i need to compile LaserBoy,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laserboy.JPG  

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

You (and James) are heroes! I cant contribute much but I will surely test it and report when you have a beta!

In case you're wondering.... keeperx is completely insane. Who is this guy? What?....

OK. Seriously... I would like to get together a LaserBoy development team. Alec and I have been working on stuff over the phone for quite a while now.

I would like to move LaserBoy to FLTK. But remember, I'm so lazy I grow mold.

I would like to go over the entire architecture of LaserBoy in a public thread so that others might see ways to make it a bit cleaner and faster, more modular and easier to move to different OS platforms.

LaserBoy also needs to be used! The more feedback I get from people who are trying to make art with it, the better !!!

Just remember... when you're looking at LaserBoy you're looking at my art of thought.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 11-10-2008 at 11:27.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    In case you're wondering.... keeperx is completely insane. Who is this guy? What?....

OK. Seriously... I would like to get together a LaserBoy development team. Alec and I have been working on stuff over the phone for quite a while now.

I would like to move LaserBoy to FLTK. But remember, I'm so lazy I grow mold.

I would like to go over the entire architecture of LaserBoy in a public thread so that others might see ways to make it a bit cleaner and faster, more modular and easier to move to different OS platforms.

LaserBoy also needs to be used! The more feedback I get from people who are trying to make art with it, the better !!!

Just remember... when you're looking at LaserBoy you're looking at my art of thought.

James.

I recommend FLTK. I've been using it for the games and other much more complicated interfaces - it's versatile and easy to use! I'm looking forward to the point and click GUI for LB.

Well Zoof if you could PM me your phone number.. i do have a few basic questions for you that if answered, would really help me get things rolling...
    (Thats basic as in simple not basic as in the programing language)

" Just remember... when you're looking at LaserBoy you're looking at my art of thought."

Is this why LaserBoy is so convoluted????

Yes, this would be great. Like you James, I am also lazy and like to point and click. I use laser boy a lot and would use it even more if it had mouse support. I am not much of a programmer, but I would be willing to help.

So, I will start suggesting too. A laser output feature would be awesome while designing/drawing. See how something looks before saving the file and doing all that. Just a thought.

I am excited about this!!!!!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Default Warning: This post is useless

Please add an option to control LaserBoy via phone (DTMF)

Quote Originally Posted by decix View Post
    Please add an option to control LaserBoy via phone (DTMF)
    Before I do any of that, I want to hook up a webcam and teach it to respond to sign language.

James.

here is what you NEED to compile laserboy as is...
    DEV C++
    In DEV C++ you have to download some additional packages (tools/check for updates) use the "devpacks.org" server
    1. SDL
    2. SDL_gfx (or SDL_image)
    3. zlib
    4. libpng
    5. libtiff
    6. libjpg
    7. libpixman (not sure if you need this)

do them in this order (i think) SDL, zlib, libjpg, libpng, libtiff, sdl_gfx, (or sdl_image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

James, what the hell is 'screen'.... and can i 1 to 1 replace that with my box pointer? ?

Can EZI or BMP be a uchar?
    Last edited by keeperx; 11-11-2008 at 05:52.

BLEH....

im calling you on the way home.. and 4pm est

"screen" is out of here.... alot of what SDL does manually, is assumed in fltk..