Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The build begins - RGB (eventually!)

He really does resemble James May

Quote Originally Posted by decix View Post
    Since every additional mirror means loss of power you should get rid of that mirror directing the mixed beam onto the scanner.
    Thats very true - but we are not going for the most effecient projector in the world award, its a hobby projector for some fun. Its more important to have a clear and logical layout with all parts easy to get at for adjustment and maintainance. We have thought very carefully about the layout and tried a dozen or more potentials before the first hole was drilled (in fact as it stands the only holes in the base plate as yet are to mount it to the case). The photos above showing a few variations should convey that we have not barrelled into this blindly. In any case if we got rid of that last bounce the beam hitting the back of the front panel or scanners would surely have more losses

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    He really does resemble James May
    Cue Karl.....

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Such a shame others can't play ......

no no no

I never wear a beret! Whatever were you thinking

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

I was same with mine. Its just for hobby use, and to experiment.
    I have no idea what the output is (though it would be nice to know), or how great losses are etc.
    What I did do is make sure that all adjustment pots, blanking signals are easily accessible without removing bits. David.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Such a shame others can't play ......
    Uh... Others can't play?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bob2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by xntrix View Post
    I was same with mine. Its just for hobby use, and to experiment.
    I have no idea what the output is (though it would be nice to know), or how great losses are etc.
    What I did do is make sure that all adjustment pots, blanking signals are easily accessible without removing bits. David.
    Exactly what we have done (or will be doing) here. All terminals optics scanner tuning etc will be a doddle to get to without dismantling. Also with this the whole chassis will lift out with all the gubbins on so it can be worked on outside the case if needed.

Rob

Jeroen - nice hat better than the beret - do I detect a thread hijack in the making?

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    ...do I detect a thread hijack in the making?
    Not from me Mr Wax, Sir.
    I have far too much respect for you.

LOL .... thats brill

and im just too busy to play today

Kevski ... the laser is looking good buddy .... just dont let rob get any water near to it

all the best ... Karl

Karl
    What do you mean I thought all lasers needed water and 45Amps....

Rob