Thread: Everything you needed to know about laser theory but did not know to ask!!Woo Hoo!

Lightbulb Everything you needed to know about laser theory but did not know to ask!!Woo Hoo!

Mixed Gas Steve has located a better start point the one I located.
    http://cord.org/cm/new/viewleot.htm

The one I found has links to the projects concept so still of interest.

However it seems Steve has found links to a comprehensive course series not just one section, anyway ?

I had never heard of this before, and think its a great resource.

The purpose of this web page is to spread the word about an exciting project called Using a "Morphing" process to Update a Photonics Curriculum. This project is being managed by the Center for Occupational Research and Development (CORD). CORD is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to excellence in education and training for highly skilled workers.
    The project is being funded by a grant from the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE). Participants in this project include business people and educators from sites across the country who have a stake in making sure trained photonics technicians are available to fill the growing number of photonics related jobs.

Last edited by frank_1257; 11-10-2008 at 19:33.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Ok, found the real cord course:

thats better

Steve

Thank You!
    For your additional research I found this at 5 am, sorry I did not do better Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Ok, found the real cord course:

thats better

Steve
    Last edited by frank_1257; 11-10-2008 at 20:26.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.