Thread: Noob Questions, click anyway :)

Default Noob Questions, click anyway :)

Hey folks, ive been reading through this amazing forum off and on for just a bit. I am simply taken back by the talent of the members and the assortment of knowledge!

I am new to the laser world and have spent many hours reading from various sites. I have now come to the point where I want to try my hand at some more involved setups. By this I mean combining beams. I have assembled many diodes and have tried combining beams. But recently found a picture of an elaborate setup with 24 or more diodes into a single beam.

Now I understand that this is most likely childs play around here, but we all start somewhere, so here I am

What I want to do is something like in the picture I found, but with bluray diodes. What I need is an idea of inexpensive optics that could be used, and some sort of explenation of how this works and the type of optics involved.

Many thanks!

Laslo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0097.jpg  

Lightbulb

WOW, I am offended... he didn't even post that picture here!

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3083

Just PM the man himself. The optics may be mentioned in the thread. But that type of creation is way above my head so I am not sure.

Welcome to the forum and definatly document your blu ray creation here for the rest of us to enjoy.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    WOW, I am offended... he didn't even post that picture here!

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3083

Just PM the man himself. The optics may be mentioned in the thread. But that type of creation is way above my head so I am not sure.

Welcome to the forum and definatly document your blu ray creation here for the rest of us to enjoy.

Thank you so much! Who would of thought id find the owner of that pic
    I believe I found it over at LPF, I drop into there from time to time, when the drama is low

Please don't think that this guy's work is average PL stuff.

These pictures are known to the PL and are considered by most to be OUTSTANDING, FABULOUS, AWESOME, UNBELIEVABLE, ALIEN-TECHNOLOGY, etc...

I too am very pleased to see this new picture. I love the look and the idea alone of this setup.

This is a rare thing of beauty and a masterpiece, to be sure.

James.

Hello !
    Now I must say something to it .
    I didnīt post the picture becouse I donīt like really to show me to others (I have problems with my self respect, becouse my high weight)
    While I build this project I was 16 years old, now Iīm 17 and going to the 18 ...
    I begun with the hobby laser with 11 years ... The begin was a 8.3mW HeNe and a 1mW green DPSS. Anyway, I startet really young, but basically I must say that what count are the years of experience what I have, not how old I am.
    Greetings,
    Phil

Hi Phil,
    Nice to see you, real man! .
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge