Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Melles Griot 2W (or better) used, but working...

Arrow WTB: Melles Griot 2W (or better) used, but working...

Hey Kats -

Have a client looking to buy a 2+W 532 unit - preferably a Melles Griot (as problematic as they are...) because, as he states
    (...and suppliers, please don't 'shoot the messenger' - I am *quoting* him...) he does "not want to buy Chinese..." (...sorry Bridge! You'd (thru Marc) have been my first choice! ......prolly has something to do with that China / Taiwan conflict-thinggy than just a product being of Chinese origin, dunno - not my sentiments...)

Anyhoo, budget is not real-great - $5K-ish max. I know it's a long shot, but maybe someone has an old one kickin' around in the garage or knows someone who knows someone, etc...

Call, email or PM is fine - posts, with PIX are great, too...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

does it have to be compact? Would a lamp pumped qswitched 220V single phased 3 watter with fiber feed do?

Steve Roberts

Hey Steve-

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    does it have to be compact? Would a lamp pumped qswitched 220V single phased 3 watter with fiber feed do?
    Umm, nah. Client specifically is asking for a used MG (despite my attempts to discourage him from them...) And his budget won't allow what I'd REALLY recommend, a Laser Quantum Excel... Last one of those we sold (a 1.5W beauty..see below) is still kicking 4-years-out, with ZERO calls from client (in Mexico) about 'dim-laser', 'laser won't start', etc, etc - nothing.

...And that's exactly what you want to hear from an install client - the precious sound of silence!...

Thanks anyway ... KIT
    j

Have a client looking to buy a 2+W 532 unit - preferably a Melles Griot (as problematic as they are...) because, as he states
    (...and suppliers, please don't 'shoot the messenger' - I am *quoting* him...) he does "not want to buy Chinese..." (...sorry Bridge! You'd (thru Marc) have been my first choice! ......prolly has something to do with that China / Taiwan conflict-thinggy than just a product being of Chinese origin, dunno - not my sentiments...)
    don't worry, Jon, customers had choose right, politics is politics, business is business, if someone since politics affect business, from our sides, we don't want to do that. .

Jon, thanks for your support laser-wave. . from Marc is a better choose, .

Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Cool

Hey Bridge -

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    don't worry, Jon, customers had choose right, politics is politics, business is business, if someone since politics affect business, from our sides, we don't want to do that. .

Jon, thanks for your support laser-wave. . from Marc is a better choose, .
    Well, thanks to you for your always-prompt answers to tech-questions via email, and for even entertaining the crazy-proposals that we get sometimes (x-rentals, from a manufacturer?? what are these people thinking??!! )..I am sure we (thru Marc will do business someday... till then, thanks again, Bridge!

peace..
    j

ya know, marc (gottaluvlasers) has a 2 watt melles, i wonder if he would part with it since he could easily buy all the stuff to make a high powered RGB with the 5k

Cool

Hey George -

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    ya know, marc (gottaluvlasers) has a 2 watt melles, i wonder if he would part with it since he could easily buy all the stuff to make a high powered RGB with the 5k
    Yeah, we've chatted about it, but I think the challenge for him with just selling the MG, would be 'down-time' - sort of takes him out of the 'show-action' - at least at that power-level - till he'd have the time to build his new 'dream-kit' - and as 'MasterCard' would say: "taking your time to build a perfectly-thought-out, well-crafted, angel-white-balanced RGB projector that rakes in more bux than an oil-field in the UAE = priceless..."

So, well see... but Thanks for the referral!
    peace..
    j

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey George -

Yeah, we've chatted about it, but I think the challenge for him with just selling the MG, would be 'down-time' - sort of takes him out of the 'show-action' - at least at that power-level - till he'd have the time to build his new 'dream-kit' - and as 'MasterCard' would say: "taking your time to build a perfectly-thought-out, well-crafted, angel-white-balanced RGB projector that rakes in more bux than an oil-field in the UAE = priceless..."

peace..
    j
    hey marc, when you read this, sell the melles. you are so lucky that thing has not died on you yet. Those things although expensive, die like it is a lasever blue all the time without warning, i think you would be far better suited with a greenie from bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey George -

peace..
    j
    hey marc, when you read this, sell the melles. you are so lucky that thing has not died on you yet. Those things although expensive, die like it is a lasever blue all the time without warning, i think you would be far better suited with a greenie from bridge. This is a great opportunity because Jon knows exactly what he is buying and has warned his client what he is getting into so you dont have to fear an e-mail later saying "hey the laser just died"

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    hey marc, when you read this, sell the melles. you are so lucky that thing has not died on you yet. Those things although expensive, die like it is a lasever blue all the time without warning. . .
    This is the first time I've heard MGs die easily. I suppose nobody feeling like breaking it to me or something could be the reason.
    Also, I was told that they have a MTBF of 10,000 hours by knowledgeable people at SELEM in August.

-Jonathan