Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ildaswap ftp server

Angry ildaswap ftp server

There have been some issues with the ftp server.
    Someone have spammed the server with "pangolin" folders containing bad words etc.. WHY? I really dont know, but its really annoying.

I love to share my server to you and I got paid with a lot of crap!!
    Thanks..

IF this continues, I will close down the server and make private L/P with IP lock.

So please stop spamming the server!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    There have been some issues with the ftp server.
    Someone have spammed the server with "pangolin" folders containing bad words etc.. WHY? I really dont know, but its really annoying.

I love to share my server to you and I got paid with a lot of crap!!
    Thanks..

IF this continues, I will close down the server and make private L/P with IP lock.

So please stop spamming the server!!!!
    I can't understand why this is hapening...
    Its a ILDA photolexicon server.... NOT a pangolin server.

Cruch can't you make it so everyone has to log in with their PL login and a password sent via PM?

That way you'd know who did what in there from the logs, unless of course someone knows other peoples passwords.

The passwords you'd receive initially would come from the right people because they'd come as PM from the appropriate PL account.

You'd also have IP's to cross ref logins in the event that something did happen that was disclaimed. Whereas you can renew an IP, it always refers to you area, so would show anyone non local who logged as someone else like that.

At the moment the FTP servers on here are wide open because you don't even need an account on here, and even if you did, without checks, you could simply come to PL, join with an account and then abuse.

Individual logins would stop a lot of this as abusers could be identified and blocked or reported to authorities if necesary.

RGBLaserFan: you are so right about this! This is what I have to do, if this still continues. I an so sorry to take this step...there are no other options...

Passwords should only be used once, for login to another system like the ftp choose a different password, not the one from PL-Forum.
    Since I don't believe your ftp-server is really secure and could be exploited by a good hacker my PL-account would still be under my control if that should happen.

I agree Decix.

Cruch the problem as I see it is that there have been several disaffected members on here and also there are general people out there who like to cause havoc. Whilst I think most members would / will act responsibly, and are grateful for your server, there are always those who have a grudge to bear or who just hack sites all over the internet for the fun of it. From that point of view an open server is always going to be open to abuse as we saw from the virus incident. Given that, I'd incline towards a general hacker rather than anyone disaffected from here, but I think its dangerous to just assume, and the only way as I see it to gain protection is to introduce some kind of access control / tracing through logins as this then gives you a way of banning those who abuse the privaledge from the system.

Man..... That is total BS! If someone doesn't like Pangolin or PL I could maybe understand that,,,(most likely jealousy),,, but acting like a little brat and fucking with other peoples stuff is completely unacceptable. I'd suggest we go with individual usernames and passwords as someone else suggested to thwart this BS.

To who ever is doing this......................... Grow Up!

Adam

If it was directed towards Pangolin, then chances are the person that did it, is part of this forum, unless they heard of Pangolin somewhere else, but either way they'd have to be into lasers. Then to know the password and username would reuire them to have visited here. Maybe the password should be reset, and sent around via PM to KNOWN members, or who you think is legit. It should stuff like that from happening. And I 100% agree with Evil, whoever did it needs to get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Maybe the password should be reset, and sent around via PM to KNOWN members, or who you think is legit.
    Trouble with that is if it is a member on here, you're sending them the password. If it isn't, then with 1 password / login, word still gets around eventually and it gets compromised as people let other people know it.

If you have individual logins, everyone wants to keep theirs secret and if anything does happen its traceable to them. Also, if they want to disclaim whats happened, then IP logging can also help. With a general password / login, you have nothing but a list of anonymous users and IP's.

I for one don't want to see Cruch feel he has to withdraw the server because of some idiot and thats why I'd favour an individual login system so as to knock the anonimity on the head once and for all and provide some way of imposing sanctions against abusers.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Aye.
    Individual Username/Password.
    Might be a bit of a pain to administer but there's folks in here that'll assist so Cruch doesn't have to have to bear the workload himself.