Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LASER Light Could Take Place of Berlin Wall

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    . . .Maybe we should add a day to SELEM so we can have a laserist jam session?

Adam

Lasers, guns, music.. What are we missing?

-Jonathan

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Hot chicks in Lycra Catsuits !!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Progressive rock!
    Or better... Symphonic rock!
    Check out the Camel vids on Youtube... just amazing!
    I just discovered a band called Jethro Tull, with an amazing flutist! Man, just look at Ian Anderson and Andrew Latimer! They are both superb musicians! Camel, don't know for Tull, is also non-commercial! What else do you want?

I should better stop right now, or I will continue several hours about Camel and Jethro Tull. This forum only allows posts shorter than 15000 characters (or something).
    I can play piano too quite well, and I did accordeon for a year (I recently discovered I couldn't play it anymore... pity!) Adding an extra day to Belem for this is a good idea! Maybe to Uklem as well, as Belem don't seem to be happening.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    ... Adding an extra day to Belem for this is a good idea! Maybe to Uklem as well...
    Accordians,Flutes and Piano's?
    We don' need no steenkin Accordians, Flutes and Piano's !!

Whilst we're happy to accept the cultural benefits of Waccy Baccy, Tulips, DJ Tiesto and Leffe, Accordians are a step too far !!

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Whilst we're happy to accept the cultural benefits of Waccy Baccy, Tulips, DJ Tiesto and Leffe, Accordians are a step too far !!
    I might be doing lasers for Tiesto next month here. (waiting to speak with his manager, check the rider etc) If not, I'm doing video projections, at least.

-Jonathan

Cool

I helped George and Jeff with a show for Tiesto 2 years ago. He seemed to be a heck of a cool guy, but his manager sounded like a jerk. Also, I understand that they have made lots of nasty changes to the standard contract since then. Read it carefully so you don't get screwed...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I helped George and Jeff with a show for Tiesto 2 years ago. He seemed to be a heck of a cool guy, but his manager sounded like a jerk. Also, I understand that they have made lots of nasty changes to the standard contract since then. Read it carefully so you don't get screwed...

Adam
    That's funny about the manager. Paul Oakenfold was nice overall, but his manager was a total jerk-off. He gave me a scratched up DVD to play for Oakey's visuals and I tried to play it, but it was hopeless. ..then he gave me trouble for it skipping. (My DVD player was padded.)

Fortunately, I'm not directly responsible for adhering to the contract. I'll coordinate with the promoter and basically do what they ask of me.

While we're talking about "superstar" trance DJs, Armin Van Burren had an awesome attitude when I met him. I was really impressed how down-to-earth he was after having dealt with a large variety of others in his field.

-Jonathan

Smile

The DJ's themselves seem to be totally cool. It's the manager-types that appear to be the trouble.

I was running the lasers for a Paul Van Dyke show last year at the Tabernacle in Atlanta (thanks to George!), and after a long breakdown and build-up, he brought the music up with *thunderous* bass just as I switched on the whitelight at full power along with both 1 watt yags. Beautiful RGB beams blasting out over the crowd, and more green beams intersecting at even intervals.... The crowd goes completely ape-shit!

Paul actually LEFT THE DJ STAND and bent over to shake my hand! Don't know what he said to me (too lound to hear) but he was grinning from ear to ear. I have a crappy cell-phone video clip of the event... You can't see me, but you can see Paul turn around and bend over to shake hands with me. How cool is that?

Tiesto was equally laid-back. He talked and joked with the entire crew after the show, and played pool with a couple of the roadies from the lighting crew for a few hours. Just a regular guy winding down after work sort of thing.

Adam

This is the thin end of the wedge. It'll be Morris Dancing next, just wait and see

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Whilst we're happy to accept the cultural benefits of Pink Floyd, Waccy Baccy, Tulips, DJ Tiesto and Leffe, Accordians are a step too far !!
    That's why I gave up, the music I had to play on that accordeon was just some sort or crap music in 3/4 (a waltz). And for that piano: most of the music programs work with some form of a keyboard. Also handy to play a synthesizer. And I like flute in combination with (symphonic) rock, sorry.

BTW you have forgotten to add Pink Floyd to your list, I have fixed it.

And if you like trance or dance, I am making a cool music file for a school project in Cubase right now, and I think you laserguys will like it. Think of a C minor-accord, alternating with a G minor played on a moog ("saw ensemble" is the instrument called), with a fast bass and a <insert adjective> melody on it. Maybe I will create a lasershow and post it on YouTube, but I don't promise a thing.