Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LASER Light Could Take Place of Berlin Wall

Default Re: Adam

Good to hear Tiesto is good people. I agree that PVD is another DJ with a pretty good attitude. I did lasers/visuals for his show here last year. The promoter eventually decided to have a my friends leave the stage so PVD's management wouldn't bug, but before that, he was happy to greet a couple of them who sort of idolize him.

I do have to point out that the visuals he provided were LAME. I still have them. They're basically shots of him in Mexico or Italy and all kinds of album artwork -looped. At least he didn't give me a scratched DVD. (I was able to download the files before the event)

-Jonathan

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    .. you have forgotten to add Pink Floyd to your list, I have fixed it.
    WTF !?!

If you are going to add Pink Floyd to a list of Dutch Exports then don't forget Adolf Hitler , Dame Edna Everage and Abraham Lincoln cus they share as much Dutch heritage as Pink Floyd.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

OK, I don't know anything of that, it's clear now...
    Now you are saying it, I tought it was any kind of music, I didn't knew the translation of "Tulips" and "Waccy Baccy". It makes sense now!
    BTW Leffe isn't Dutch, it is a Belgian beer. Or have I misunderstood another term and means Dutch 'from the Lowlands'? Real Dutch beer is Heineken. Real Belgian beer is Westvleteren. Little difference between them.
    Sorry, but as you might have understood, I am really not good with English, and surely not with the translation of English humour into Dutch, it's a bridge too far, my apologies.

PS How did we went from the Berlin Wall to music and my bad spelling? We have seriously hijacked a thread here...
    Last edited by colouredmirrorball; 11-26-2008 at 05:23. Reason: adding a post scriptum

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    ...We have seriously hijacked a thread here...
    Wasn't us matey. It was Platinum.
    He went off on one at post 7 but this is The Lounge so I guess we go where the wind blows us.......

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Wasn't us matey. It was Platinum.
    He went off on one at post 7 but this is The Lounge so I guess we go where the wind blows us.......
    It was really Buffo's fault. He encouraged me.

-Jonathan

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    It was really Buffo's fault. He encouraged me.
    Guilty as charged!

Then again, thread drift happens...

Adam

I'm a big fan of PVD. He was the 1st Gatecrasher resident dj back in 1998 and I think its fair to say that GC launched him into the big time.

His 6 hour set at GC1 just before it burnt down was supposed to have been totally awesome.

Here are some short clips I found on Youtube from it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KfVHKl...eature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiwc7J...eature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bgELH7...eature=related

Awesome club those blues in 1st vid must have cost a fortune (they are blue despite looking green from the vid), 2nd vid they start off with blue and switch to green, and awesome set by PVD. 6 hours straight is no mean feat!