Thread: Sports and Lasers

Default Sports and Lasers

Another idiot with a laser pointer...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,122600

Make sure to watch the video.

This type of action is getting out of hand... its ridiculous! It seems like we cant go a week without hearing about the stupidity and carelessness of some immature owner of a laser pointer. I love freedom and I love to be able to have lasers... and quite frankly I dont want to have some idiot ruin that freedom of mine. Its really upsetting.

I just read about hobbyist chem labs (I think it was on slashdot) and how its nearly impossible to operate a chem lab without be labeled as owning a meth lab. How long will it be until just because we own lasers we will be labeled in some fashion? The chem lab story was about this retired Chemical Engineer whose 3rd floor airconditoner shorted (or something like that) and so a passing by police officer called the fire dept. When they arrived they went to the basement to shut off the breakers when instead the found chemicals everywhere. The guy ended up getting charged an $18,000 cleanup fee. He ended up suing the city since they stole some proprietary information... if you wanted to know.

Either way, I liked to play around with chemistry... and I feel as if I cannot do that anymore without having a BATF license. Because too many people were careless and made some form of explosive and hurt or killed themselves.

I don't want more federal regulation, but in some ways it would be better to impliment something now before its too late and drastic changes to the law need to be made that will end up hurting us more down the line...

/rant