Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want I want I want

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    hehehe I can already do that

Yes indeed 1064 is invisible but even at only 50% effeciency that would make a lot of green!
    I guess the technology could be used to make 946nm & 1342nm too. BIG red green and blue lasers
    I am guessing theough that the limitation here is in the second harmonic generation.

Rob
    Correct, your limitation would be the SHG. In a real world about 500MW/cm2 is about the limit. Understanding that EVERYTHING must be PERFECT. to obtain 200 W of green. system would probably have to be assembled in a clean room free from contaminates, hermetically sealed. It is a bit out of the realm for most of even the best engineers. Im not saying it cant be done (around 100w of green is routine these days) but it is not an easy task.

I was a bit premature with my enter key. I forgot to add that the optical design as it sits is NOT conducive to incorporation into an optical relay cavity design which is the ONLY way to generate UHP SHG Green. But there is NOTHING wrong with dreams...keep the dreams alive!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    (around 100w of green is routine these days) but it is not an easy task.
    I want, I want, I want!!

Also - Laserman,

couldn't you also split the output with say a fiber or something similar then send each send through a separate crystal then recombine, using the stacking method like high power diode based reds are made? Sure its another step, but 400-some watts of pump energy you could make one mean green with that...

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Also - Laserman,

couldn't you also split the output with say a fiber or something similar then send each send through a separate crystal then recombine, using the stacking method like high power diode based reds are made? Sure its another step, but 400-some watts of pump energy you could make one mean green with that...
    I assume you are talking about discreat diode combigning (combining running lasers) which is different from intra cavity beam combigning. Please research all available doubling techniques. End pumping does not allow for ORC design which is required for 50% (& greater) conversion efficiencies. This lasers only practical application is materials processing (which is a million times more profitable than ANY enterainment application). There are yag lasers that produce thousands of watts...but you arent gonna make green with them. This design could only be extra cavity doubled (which is inefficient and would probably exceed the damage threshold of the SHG medium). No one has mentioned the cost of this baby. For its cost which I assume is very high I could have 10 roll around vag burners with a factor of 10 in redundancy. (approx 50K$) BUt, there is nothing wrong with dreams