Thread: Can one display Fractal images with lasers how does one limit points when using trace

Thumbs down Can one display Fractal images with lasers how does one limit points when using trace

If I were to try to covert some type of fractal art as I have recently seen in a Nova episode and elsewhere . Does the nearly infinite number of points present a problem to display?

At some point I guess the actual number of points are limited when converted to an ILDA frame?
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

This is the first free software I ever got for a PC! I got this when my dad had a 286!

http://www.fractint.org/

It will generate "L-systems" that are really neat line drawings that should translate to laser art pretty well.

Like any other kind of laser image, it's only going to be a reasonable approximation of the real drawing and too much detail just wont look good.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 11-18-2008 at 18:42.

not a true fractal(IE Mandelbrot/Julia) but very fractal like
    --
    John
    VJ AIWAZ
    Attached Files Attached Files

and for video this is the best one i have used and at one point i tryd them all

http://www.cygnus-software.com/