Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pangolin

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    ... you really need someone to show you how to use it properly....
    If only there was some kind of occasion when laserists would all get together with their hardware to share info and their love of lasers ......

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LesioQ View Post
    Oh! You mean it's well known to be not functioning address !?
    I bet I was the last to learn
    Piotr.K
    No - I think it's still a valid e-mail address. The problem is that they were getting lots of spam and other dangerous e-mails, so they switched to a contact form so they could control the messages that come in. It also allows them to route the messages to the person even if they aren't in the office.

You'll see Bill answering e-mails all the time from his Blackberry. I've been told that even when he's half-way around the world, he can still be reached via the contact form on the Pangolin website.

So it's not that the other e-mail addresses are non-functional. Rather, it's just that the contact form is a *lot* more efficient!

Adam

Hi LesioQ,

This is a classic example of an "email thing". I actually did get your email, and I replied. I guess you just didn't get my reply. I hate it when that happens...

Actually, what I hate more is that people think email is a 100% reliable medium. Sorry, it isn't... If you don't get a response from me within a day or so, it's only because of an email problem somewhere somehow (lots of spam filters and virus-ridden servers out there...).

In a worst-case scenario, you can send me an email to this PL messaging system. Some members of PL have had to do that in the past because of some kind of "email thing"...

Also, "contact at pangolin" is a good address, but it is behind a really strong spam filter (since it's a public address). We like people to use the contact form because there are no spam filters in the way.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Thanks for the kudos guys! I am glad that Pangolin, as an organization, has impressed and exceeded expectations.

I don't mean to sound self-deficating (homage to George W. Bush) but when it comes to customer service, I am probably the worst one at Pangolin. The problem is, most of the time I am off in my own world trying to invent new things. But the rest of the staff at Pangolin is A+ when it comes to customer service.

Bill
    I don't agree, you have always been really helpful

did you ever get that LCFlash thing resolved? LOL

no but seriously - you were super helpful via email and the tour of the shop was cool also

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I don't know about that, Bill. There are quite a few Laser Enthusiast Meeting attendees her in the US that would beg to differ with your assertation that you are the "worst" in customer service. You've gone *way* out of your way to support us with these meets. (Your record stands at 6 out of 6 for the US LEM's, by the way.)

I'm sure everyone appreciates all the assistance you've provided us. (And I also know of more than a few happy PL members that found something nice in their C-mas stocking, courtesy of the special C-mas pricing deals that you offered this year!) So take some credit already!

And Mike - now that you've got your LD-2000, it's all over dude. Your head will be buzzing with excitement for at least a month or two. (Mine is still buzzing, and it's been a year and a half!)

I suggest you watch the tutorial DVD while you have Pangolin up and running on a separate computer. That way you can pause the DVD and play around with the interface a bit before you continue. It makes it easier to get the hang of things. (Well, I think it does anyway.) You know where to post if you have questions!

Adam
    ah the DVD, extremely helpful but you absolutely cannot watch it if your even a little tired... trust me... lol

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    If only there was some kind of occasion when laserists would all get together with their hardware to share info and their love of lasers ......

For me that would mean.... traveling to the UK or USA and speaking english ermmm.
    I'm not mutch of a talker in dutch let alone in english

The ilda conference would be nice to visit... but there is no info on locations... fee's etc or even if its accesable for non members/hobbyists like me.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    ...The ilda conference would be nice to visit... but there is no info on locations... fee's etc or even if its accesable for non members/hobbyists like me.
    I know what you mean about the ILDA site.
    "Updates to follow in December".
    It reflects badly on a company/website when you see out of date statements like that.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure that the conference will be open to non-members (but at what price) because a few UK dudes are planning on attending.
    You could come along and practice your language skills with a friendly bunch of fellow laserists.

Default small threadjack... ;)

Hey Bill -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    (homage to George W. Bush)
    ...then, I think you should really enjoy THIS... (be sure to watch ALL the 'episodes' (menu on the left...) ...'Cheney' especially
    'killed me'!!! ROFL!!!

:threadjack over:

I, too, must say, Bill has always been extremely-gracious in getting back to me, even when I prolly could-have spoken with someone else... but sometimes, you just want to 'cut to the chase' and 'talk to the Man', and Bill has always been very 'self-sacrificing' (...Dude, when DO you sleep??! ) for all of us, 'Pro' AND 'Hobby'...

Anyhoo, Thanks, and keep up the great work...
    ...And light a fire under those 'Beyond-boys', will ya?! (...kidding...I am sure it will have-been worth the wait... )

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...