Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police green beams

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Well.... I thought it was kind-of a weird question too. But I said I'd ask!

He's got a badge and a gun and he's between me and the beer.

I thought it was best to oblige!

James.
    Probably a wise choice!!

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    While we're on the topic, this is what I want to put on my .45:

Link:http://www.insighttechgear.com/products-m6x.htm

They also sell IR/Visible Laser/Light combos. (All four: IR Light, Visible Light, IR Laser, Visible Laser)
    Link:http://www.insighttechgear.com/products-lam1000.htm

-Jonathan
    Cool!!

I've got a similar light hanging on my Glock 17, laser grips on my Springfield 1911, laser and red dot on my CX4...

OK - that's it.

I am submitting my official recommendation that the next SELEM be a combined laser & gun show !

I figure, collectively, we might have some interesting "pre-ban" items to show off in both categories!!

We were talking about guns & lasers, right?

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    I am submitting my official recommendation that the next SELEM be a combined laser & gun show !

I figure, collectively, we might have some interesting "pre-ban" items to show off in both categories!!
    I think that's the way it's going to be after the thread Evil Adam started.
    I'll sooo bring my .44Mag and .45ACP. (I love that you can fly with guns still.. I wonder if I'll be able to in August though.)

I want to get an AR15 handgun, but I just don't know if I can rationalize that when there are so many laser things out there. (that could end up being a pre-ban soon)

-Jonathan

What a wacky world we live in!

You guys can have laser sights on your guns and thats fine....but you can't scan crowds with a laser.....

....whislt over on this side of the the pond WE can scan crowds (!) with a laser.... BUT we cant have guns....oooh no!

Just remind me ...which is more deadly
    Move toward the light!

Quote Originally Posted by KevSki View Post

You guys can have laser sights on your guns and thats fine....but you can't scan crowds with a laser.....

....whislt over on this side of the the pond WE can scan crowds (!) with a laser.... BUT we cant have guns....oooh no!

Yeah but its okay to blind someone right before you shoot them. So if we implemented audience scanning in clubs.... I wouldnt want to be on the cleanup crew...

Quote Originally Posted by KevSki View Post

Depends on muzzle velocity, bullet design, shooter accuracy....

All kidding aside, I doubt if anyone would ever see a gun brandished in most public events and NOT consider it extremely unusual, out of place, and dangerous.
    On the other hand, unfortunately it has been proven that "entertainment" lasers being used for audience scanning, in the wrong hands, can quickly turn quite dangerous and harm a lot of people in just a matter of seconds.

Audience scanning IS actually allowed in the US - it is VERY regulated and requires a lot of safety precautions that unfortunately, seem to be frequently ignored by some venue and mobile laser operators on that side of the pond.

PS -

In case folks get serious about some non-laser activities at the next SELEM, this place is only about 25 minutes away in Hickory:

http://www.springsroadgun.net
    Last edited by Stuka; 11-22-2008 at 05:35. Reason: Found a pistol range...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....